Pro Stock Diesel Chassis Cert

Michael

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I was reading page 16 of the 2011 NADM Drag Racing rulebook, and it states:
Roll Cage: The chassis must meet SFI Spec 25.4. The chassis must have a serialized sticker affixed to is before participation.

Since the 25.4 spec is for 7.50-8.49 ETs with max weight of 3600 lbs, presumably an alternate but appropriate spec (such as 25.2, 7.49 & quicker for a max 3200 lb truck) is acceptable? And I assume it's a typo to require affixing the sticker to "is"? That all depends on what the definition of "is" is...

What is the truck going to weight? I am a NHRA chassis inspector down in GA. 25.2 is for up 3200 lbs. 25.4 & 25.5 will get you to 3600lbs, other wise your going to limited to
8.50 (1/4 mi) and slower. What ET are you looking for? Trying to figure out what your plans are so I can help out

Michael knows where the sticker needs to be affixed and what cert his chassis will need.
He was asking about the holes in the NADM rules about the certification.

Well, I'm interested in getting mine certified for real. I think I've met you @ Jeffs shop before. PM me some contact info if you don't mind. Gary

What is the truck going to weight? I am a NHRA chassis inspector down in GA. 25.2 is for up 3200 lbs. 25.4 & 25.5 will get you to 3600lbs, other wise your going to limited to
8.50 (1/4 mi) and slower. What ET are you looking for? Trying to figure out what your plans are so I can help out

Thanks, it's always good to have info from a chassis inspector! I actually spent a few hours with an NHRA chassis inspector going over the chassis I am getting. I'll probably update it to 25.2, it will probably weigh somewhere around 2700 lbs, but it would be nice to have the cert good to 3200. We'll be fortunate to get into the 7's, but an follow-up engine build should be able to flirt with the 7.49 barrier on good tracks.

The sticker must be affixed to the "chassis" before participation

LOL, I was just having a little fun with the old Bill Clinton quote about the definition of "is"...

However, I have a quick follow-up question - the rules indicate that an SFI 3.2A/15 suit (and associated boots & gloves) are required, but depending on the firewall and power adders, the NHRA rules may only require a 3.2A/5 suit down to 7.49 ET. Will the /15 suit still be required if it is not required by NHRA rules?

Back