Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > LML GM Duramax
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
llyproject

Name: llyproject
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
lml rods for long block build ?

I am looking for anyones opinion here who has had exsperience or know someone who has. I am working on my first build and need to make some sacrafices somewhere as i do not have the $ to do everything i want. My goal is 700hp and 11sec passes. I want to know if lml rods would be an "okay" substitue for this kind of power i will only be running danvilles new 3794 stage 2 with batmo, duel fuelers, push rods, arp studs, and cut lb7 pistons. My plan is to port and clean up heads key the crank and possibly socal cam not sure if i will have the $ but everything else motor wise will remain as is including injectors and valve springs as those are a little easier to mess with in the future if need be. Rest of mods are in the sig for the most part
20x10,nitto 420,3in drop,FF trac bars & tierod sleeves, DHD centerlink brace& locker,hsp intake,4"dp,6" cat stacks,Pro Fab up pipes and manifolds,SDP delete,reroute,Suncoast w/1056,merchant trans/t case brace& pump rub,air dog,shim kit,dsp5 Danville,Thanks@jhdiesel4x4

Old 07-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
DirtyMaxx03

Name: DirtyMaxx03
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
LML rods are not the same as the previous years. It takes a little machine to make them fit an lb7 piston/crankshaft. Aaaand they have not been abused near long enough for someone to say they will be the slightest bit reliable at 700hp. Bottom line is, if you have a duramax and want to play with more than 600hp, fork out the bucks for something proven.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Deputydog

Name: Deputydog
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
LML Rods won't take 700 HP for long. I think Fleece was running a 700 HP LML and when the motor was pulled apart, every single rod was bent.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Phooker

Name: Phooker
Title: Gluten Free
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydog View Post
LML Rods won't take 700 HP for long. I think Fleece was running a 700 HP LML and when the motor was pulled apart, every single rod was bent.
That one had a stock/s475 and big fuel thrown at it...I think that was the issue, but who knows.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Diesel Tech

Name: Diesel Tech
Title: #1 Crusty Old Fart
Member`s Gallery
To make HP you are increasing the cylinder pressure as there is no other way to do it. The piston and rod are what transfer the cylinder pressure to the crankshaft. Cut corners there and you might as well leave it stock as it's only a matter of time before they fail. The safe limit on a stock durmax rod is 400 RwHp. Any amount above that is going to fail a rod, it's just a matter of time before it happens.

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Closed Thread