Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
Mopar1973

Name: Mopar1973
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
EFI Live recommendations

I have a 2015 68 truck that I purchased with 17k on it and am near approaching 47k in the 10 months I have had it. It has been absolutely perfect for me and never given me a problem, however I do plan on keeping it long after the warranty expires and am planning on ditching the emissions equipment in the next week or two. That being said, I am looking for some recommendations or feedback on EFI Live options. This truck WILL have a triple disc and valve body at time of installation, so I am looking for something that will cover deletes as well as a good trans strategy because Dodge couldn't get it right from day 1. Some power would also be nice...I frequently see/hear claims of 450+rwhp and 1000+ftlbs torque at the tires. Will be doing a full 5" exhaust and the usual EGR/DPF/DEF deletes. Any recommendations or advice is appreciated.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
TravisG

Name: TravisG
Title: #THEREALLAVONMILLER
Member`s Gallery
Just getting caught up here after taking some time away. I'm guessing you already found somebody but if not, there are several tuners out there doing great things. Give a few a call and talk to them or probably e-mail them and go from there.

I bought a '15 a while back and it has 15k on it right now. I'm still deciding on what to do with mine as emissions standards are pretty strict here in Colorado. I know that I can pass the opacity test with a different tune but the missing trash can and water tank under the truck is a different story.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #3
Mopar1973

Name: Mopar1973
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
Just getting caught up here after taking some time away. I'm guessing you already found somebody but if not, there are several tuners out there doing great things. Give a few a call and talk to them or probably e-mail them and go from there.

I bought a '15 a while back and it has 15k on it right now. I'm still deciding on what to do with mine as emissions standards are pretty strict here in Colorado. I know that I can pass the opacity test with a different tune but the missing trash can and water tank under the truck is a different story.
I actually didn't find anyone, its been the back of my mind as of lately, just been putting more and more miles on the truck. Any recommendations?

Old 10-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #4
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Noone here is going to admit to being able to do deletes with EFI Live on the later trucks.
There's ways around it, I know the working theory on how to, but it's a big deal secret for some tuners, and EFI Live flatly refuses to acknowledge it's possible.

Our Big Bad Government is so stressed out over diesel emissions it's unreal and the reality is, that the emissions devices themselves cause more problems than they solve, though the urea (SCR) trucks are by far better than the regen trucks..

Sorry, got carried away there.

Mark.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
schaef_12

Name: schaef_12
Title: Diesel Junkie
Member`s Gallery
Give the guys at anarchy diesel a call. I run their tuning and it is great.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #6
TravisG

Member`s Gallery
Lots of great tuners around. Lavon is doing great things with EFI and HP Tuners. Ryan at Hardway just came out with a new update. Rob Coddens lives in Idaho which I think is close to you as well.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
schaef_12

Name: schaef_12
Title: Diesel Junkie
Member`s Gallery
I wanted Rob's tunes, but unfortunately he doesn't have 4th gen support yet.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:42 AM   #8
TravisG

Member`s Gallery
Good to know. I don't doubt that he'll have something soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Old 12-22-2016, 10:43 AM   #9
bnorton00

Name: bnorton00
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Look up Hardway Performance. Ryan Milliken is a wizard with these trucks, and already supports EFILIVE, CSP5, bolt-in compound options...you name it. He stands by his products.

Closed Thread