Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #21
cfunk

Name: cfunk
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inbred Inline View Post
I have a 271f in my truck with the dodge input, been flawless and never have touched it, but has anyone heard of these popping out of low as well? I've always shifted it into low on the track but it's gonna see a little more abuse now that I'm going up to lps from 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ran this same setup for 3 years in a 2.6/LPS truck and didn't have a single issue either. It was an electric shift unit and we just removed the electric shifter. You could shift it with an adjustable wrench on the flats if you wanted to but never had any issues with it popping out of gear with just the bare shaft left on the tcase.

There is a 2" diameter spline slip yoke that is for a 1550 U joint that mates to a flange that is close to the correct size for the Ford flange. I believe we just machined the trans flange for a female pilot rather than a male and also drilled 4 new holes for the correct yoke bolt pattern to match the new large one. PM me if someone needs more details on this.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #22
9712cummins

Name: 9712cummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedeka View Post
9712 Cummins, I have a 271F transfer case in my 96 Ram. The driveshaft is solid from the flange to the carrier bearing. I have a slip yoke between the carrier bearing and the rear axle. This has worked fine for the last 3 years.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #23
9712cummins

Name: 9712cummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfunk View Post
We ran this same setup for 3 years in a 2.6/LPS truck and didn't have a single issue either. It was an electric shift unit and we just removed the electric shifter. You could shift it with an adjustable wrench on the flats if you wanted to but never had any issues with it popping out of gear with just the bare shaft left on the tcase.

There is a 2" diameter spline slip yoke that is for a 1550 U joint that mates to a flange that is close to the correct size for the Ford flange. I believe we just machined the trans flange for a female pilot rather than a male and also drilled 4 new holes for the correct yoke bolt pattern to match the new large one. PM me if someone needs more details on this.
Thank you! I'll do some looking

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 03-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #24
Inbred Inline

Name: Inbred Inline
Title: Bastard child builder
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedeka View Post
9712 Cummins, I have a 271F transfer case in my 96 Ram. The driveshaft is solid from the flange to the carrier bearing. I have a slip yoke between the carrier bearing and the rear axle. This has worked fine for the last 3 years.

Ditto

2000 Chevy CCSB C3500 3.0 Pro Stock 4x4 "Inbred Inline"-broken junk

Old 04-09-2017, 10:05 AM   #25
Inbred Inline

Name: Inbred Inline
Title: Bastard child builder
Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

Anyone know of a SPL 100 yoke that would fit this? Or at least something close that could be machined to work? Ford NP271

2000 Chevy CCSB C3500 3.0 Pro Stock 4x4 "Inbred Inline"-broken junk

Old 04-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #26
sk31821

Name: sk31821
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
I had a 241dhd, that on a crazy rough track jumped to neutral. I don't know if it was the undoing ahiled hitting or? Once I tore it down the teeth were rounded off. If it is a puller only, I would look at a way to lock it in.
Oh they can and will pop out of gear into neutral eventually if not using the lock collar. YouTube Cummins blows up. That's me at Henry with what happens when it lets go. It's neat. It's like a 10.00 piece and easy to put in.

Closed Thread