98 P Pump 24v Engine Build

yduha7et.jpg

a5urupu7.jpg

behyty3y.jpg

avy9e6av.jpg
ve4u4y6u.jpg

Made some progress last night, got the main bearings in and crank. Main studs and girdle. Then put the front cover on and the cam and tappets. Im still waiting on rod bearings, so i wasnt able to put the pistons and rods in yet

I actually just used a fine file. The rings were .040" over cummins rings and were actually right where i wanted them out of the box for the most part. Only had to file a couple

I should have specified, to cut the o-ring groove, what did you use? Or am I mistaken? There looks to be an o-ring groove cut into block ?

Oh my bad i read that to fast. No those arnt o ring grooves, my head is fire ringed and thats just marks left over because i havnt cleaned the deck of the block yet

Yeah it was nice to see it back in the truck! I want to put the head on but i still have a lot of head work to do. Ive decided im going to have the intake cut and either but or build a runner style manifold for it, so thats my next step

Do you have of the drive hub for the waterman? Also where did you get the pump and hub?

Just cleaned it and used high heat engine paint. I had it hot tanked at the machine shop to so it was pretty clean

Im drooling over that built darren pump, wish I had the cash to send mine there.

biuld looks awesome!

Back