Give me some guidance

Having had more than a few, it's been my experience that you NEED boxes of VEs to be able to find enough to piece a few good ones together.

/satire

Mark.

I don't like the racial tone in your post.

Have broken trans parts and plenty of balded out Duallie tires with a tweaked VE.

Although it's now sitting in a box, just don't say it too loudly or the old sharks will swarm. :hehe:

The swamp donkey is scared of all that timing with a VE, too much low end torque for his tree trimming truck....

So you have a VE you wanna sell huh....??? I have beer money ready to send..

Having had more than a few, it's been my experience that you NEED boxes of VEs to be able to find enough to piece a few good ones together.

/satire

Mark.

Giles doesn’t care what I send him, he’s just going to charge me way more than I should pay... BUT only builder I know of that I’ll trust to build me a rotary pump!

Having people do stuff for me scares me.

Case in point, a few weeks ago I took a my 2004 Dodge 3500, 2wd to a local shop to get some seized in front hubs out and to put new ones on.
They return the truck with the front brake caliper hoses installed upside down on the caliper side! :doh:

I truly cannot believe how a person that's supposedly a "mechanic" does not know how to do this! :mad:

Mark.

Last edited:
Now that we figured out all this horse chit, OP what’s the goals for the truck!? What do you use it for? I’m a bit biased but a good VE can tote a load and make the short bus get a lil sideways off the line...

If you want insane power then the mighty VE isn’t for you, if you want moderate power it’s boarder line, if you want to go “A 2 B” at the speed limit with a decent load and the AC on it’s a valid candidate.

Note; pee pump swap parts nab a goodbit of beer $, just saying..

The swamp donkey is scared of all that timing with a VE, too much low end torque for his tree trimming truck....

So you have a VE you wanna sell huh....??? I have beer money ready to send..
:hehe::hehe::hehe: swamp donkey......,..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I’m still planning on swapping my peepee pump over. I’ve got 4K springs in it a 0 plate and some piss poor tuning.
The trucks my daily driver and crawler hauler. I’d like to continue to grow in the power department so I think the ppump is best for for me.

I’ve got some more redundant questions
How different are the cam’s between the 2? Which stock style fuel filter would you keep on the head or off the intake?
I wanna roll coal on school children do I need a chip?

So send me that useless VE ! I’ll pay shipping and scrap metal weight, even toss in enough for a couple 4D’s of OE....

I can’t help you on the PPee pump, plenty enough guys on here can though. Vast amounts of knowledge!

Plenty of people are running the VE cam. I’m not an expert by any means, but it works fine on my set up.

Back