Wheel drive pumps on ZTR mowers

TooMuchBoost

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Can these pumps be 'adjusted' to increase wheel speed ie faster MPH?:evil

The mower in question is a Scag Tiger Cub.

I don't think so ..You might be able to adjust the linkage and get a little more .. I think everything else is internal. Sorry man.

Take out the governer in the engine if it's a standard briggs & straton. If it flows X amount at 4000rpm, the performance should be at least x^2 at 8000rpm.... :evil:

bnraond.

joefarmer said:
Take out the governer in the engine if it's a standard briggs & straton. If it flows X amount at 4000rpm, the performance should be at least x^2 at 8000rpm.... :evil:

bnraond.

It's a 19hp Kawi twin so any advice?

There is a way , my Skag turf tiger came back for the shop a few years ago, with new hydro's and it was stupid fast , I didn't want to get anyone hurt , so we sent it to the shop , the guy adjusted something and slowed it down, not sure what . If you making a racer out of it try heaver hydraulic fluid

I think so.

I haven't messed around with any of our Zero Turn Riders, but on the Hydro Walk Behinds you can adjust the linkages on them.....but the same linkage controls forward and reverse. So, if you speed up the forward speed...it effectively slows down the reverse speed.

You also may want to check what RPMs the motors pushing...may need to be raised a tad.

How big of a deck is the mower?

I run 19s on pretty much all my full time 48" walk behinds, 21-25hp on the 52" Walk Behinds and Riders. Once the Rider Mowers need to be replaced....they are getting the new 37hp Kaw :evil

Back