A few controller questions.

AH64ID

I am quite interested in putting a HE351VE on my truck, and have a few questions.

For the Exhaust Brake option, can you adjust the amount of braking based on coolant temps? (i.e. when temps are low, less than 100*, can you have the vanes a little more open to not have as much backpressure?)

I understand you load the MAP based on what the truck specs are, is this the same for max boost? If I want 35 psi will the controller open the vanes to keep me there?

What kind of DP are you guys seeing on the setup?

I also read that eventually you will have the option for monitoring DP, is this something the current controllers will be able to support?

With my current setup I get about 33-35 psi of max boost, and in WOT runs the DP goes to about 55-60 and the WG gets blown open. Normal cruise at 70 is about 8 psi of boost, 12psi of DP. I also currently see about 45psi of DP at 33psi boost when towing near WOT in 5th up grades, and about 1175*-1200*. I get to 30psi of boost at about 2000 rpms.

Would I actually gain much?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Additionally how does the VNT exhaust brake compare to an elbow mounted exhaust brake? Does is make similar backpressure?

Currently I see about 20psi at idle, 40psi at 1700 rpms, 50psi at 2000 rpms, and 60 psi from about 2500 rpms up.

AH, call their shop and ask to talk to Jeff, Brayden or Chase.... they're pretty slammed busy out that way...

I ended up calling them the other day, and got all the questions I needed answered.. now to fill the "secret" account in the bank so I can empty it...

Back