Piss Poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find someone with a USED ECM and buy it. Then play with it until you get it to work and then swap it into your truck. You got to pay to play man. If you want reliability, buy/build a stock truck. NOTHING about tuners is reliable I don't care who you buy them from. I've had some form of trouble with almost everything on my truck at one point or another and I have some nice stuff, not the best, but nice. I don't think that I've opened anything from AFE or FASS or DDP or EDGE or anyone else and not thought WTH, why in the world would you design something like this....but I'm an engineer, so naturally I cuss them. LOL I really do hope you get this figured out and they make it right with you....but sit back and take a breath. The more you wis-n-moan about it, the more no one will want to help you. Be constructive with your posts, not negative. Comp D is the best bunch of folks you'll find, but if you register up and act like a ragin' wacko...you'll get treated like one.

Out of curiosity, since I am not personally familiar with these older cals, is this something you come across often?

Do you have any customers running this calid in the field currently?

The best thing about this processor is that its the actual processor that is in DERANGED. It's that Black Ranger with a 6.0L in it. Which interestingly enough is also the same as the processor that started in the trucks owner's own F-250. Go figure he could go on Ebay and find the processor. So now we know where the apparent 3 of them are in existance. Tim's Ranger, Tim's F-250, and a "conversion" truck in Canada.

It's tons of fun to call Axiom a jackass for what he wanted to build. We already did this to him when he asked us about it on my forum. But since not many of us are versed in the ways of just how these units work nor do we need to publicy discuss how different tuners accomplish goals.

How about we all just agree there is a bug that needs to be worked out in the predator. Axiom needs to use a different unit. This shouldn't have been put in public. Dennis has the baddest boat in the water. Tacos are delicious.

its amazing how hard of a concept this seems to be to some people ...

the sheet metal is dodge that's it. the rest of the truck is a 2003 F250. ( ya ya i know shoulda bought a cummins.... but so far the only thing to crap out on this truck is the ICP sensor)

now diablosport claims to have been tuning the 6.0's since they came out... if that's the case then why is it so hard to get a tune for a truck they've been tuning since 03 ? they've tuned them before ... so WTF is so hard about doing it again ?

the tuner is designed and advertised for the 03 - 05 6.0. the tuner reads the trucks PID's but will not go farther then 85% when attempting to tune the ECM. the device itself functions but the software does not. so for the cheerleaders who would you complain to ?

if its more money they want then they should have said " we'll need to make a custom tune for your application " but they did not. i asked about wiping the memory and using an old crom file but they cant do that either. i got an answer about windows based PC's and legacy software...

yes, they did say they'd flash my ECM. ford said they'd do that too for an estimated $400. lets say for ****s n' giggles i do get it flashed it brings in a new problem with diablo the dreaded "VXCF9DB" CAL. there are many a thread on their site with people waiting months for a solution. shipping my ECM and not having my truck run for a week or more is out of the question its a daily driven truck.

Flashing an 03 would bring it up to somewhere around vxap2n2...

The best thing about this processor is that its the actual processor that is in DERANGED. It's that Black Ranger with a 6.0L in it. Which interestingly enough is also the same as the processor that started in the trucks owner's own F-250. Go figure he could go on Ebay and find the processor. So now we know where the apparent 3 of them are in existance. Tim's Ranger, Tim's F-250, and a "conversion" truck in Canada.

It's tons of fun to call Axiom a jackass for what he wanted to build. We already did this to him when he asked us about it on my forum. But since not many of us are versed in the ways of just how these units work nor do we need to publicy discuss how different tuners accomplish goals.

How about we all just agree there is a bug that needs to be worked out in the predator. Axiom needs to use a different unit. This shouldn't have been put in public. Dennis has the baddest boat in the water. Tacos are delicious.
Interesting, just curious since we have 1000s of Predators out there for the 6.0 and in my 4 years working here, I have never had another issue with this calid. Makes me think most of them were updated by Ford a long time ago.

Flashing an 03 would bring it up to somewhere around vxap2n2...
Thats what I was thinking...and I love tacos too ;)

I was working for Ford in 03...I think Ford was changing the Calibration on the 6.0 every 15 min. or so for about a year and a half...It would not suprise me that one or two were missed by the aftermarket....Ford could not keep up how could someone else?...

I can't get past the reasoning for a 6.0 and chassis under a 85 dodge. I mean.....damn, at what point is that a good idea?

axiom- Tell ya what...Tell me where you live and I will come and drive your sorry ass around all day so you can get this problem fixed before you give all us Canadians a bad name!

OR

How about you drive to Sarnia and meet Chevyinlinesix, pull out your ecm and have him drive you to Diablo's shop to get this fixed...

Also, I thought I was crazy putting a cummins in a GMC...I think I would have to sign my self into the funny farm if I ever thought about doing the kind of conversion you did.

Sweet, i have the other 2. Interesting further, eric from Innovative has one also! What dumbasses run 6.0's? Lol

You people are ridiculous. Don't stop reading now. You need to finish. "Memba what mumma and pupa always dun' told yinz ta do, never dun stop nuttin' til it finish'd"

Axiom's truck is simple you guys obviously don't have the simple common sense to understand what exactly his truck is. So what he put a 6.0L under a dodge emblem. All of the wiring is all 100% ford made and manufactured. Even the dash and everything else is Ford. You guys need common sense.

Also to Diablo. Since you think this man isn't the only person having problems with this type of tuner. I will admit to having the same issues. I have tried numerous times, spent ungodly amount of hour trying to tune/interpret/ or even get it to simply tune to my truck. And you know what it did. It didn't tune.

I must mention my vehicle type before I am hung by all of you mindless people. j/k. I own an array of diesel powered vehicles but the one affected by this is my 2003 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel. My truck ALL 100% MADE FORD NO DODGE/CHEVY no hybrid bull crap here, I had THE SAME EXACT problem. And you know what I did about it. The same thing axiom has done. Arguments lasting a 1-2 months. I bought my tuner in 2006 and you know what. It was never fixed because the godlike tech geniuses told me it would take a while for it to be fixed and never was. I have the most patients out of any of you posting. Hell I told them take your time atleast keep calling me, and keeping me posted. That plan failed miserably. Never heard a word from them again......

But hell what ever. I am with another 2 companies now. Both in my opinion superior to all. I "roll" with Pacific Performance Engineering, and also SCT (Whose tuners compatible with most EVERY Ford product).

Moderator don't ban me yet. I "almost" kinda like it here.. :Cheer:

You people are ridiculous. Don't stop reading now. You need to finish. "Memba what mumma and pupa always dun' told yinz ta do, never dun stop nuttin' til it finish'd"

Axiom's truck is simple you guys obviously don't have the simple common sense to understand what exactly his truck is. So what he put a 6.0L under a dodge emblem. All of the wiring is all 100% ford made and manufactured. Even the dash and everything else is Ford. You guys need common sense.

Also to Diablo. Since you think this man isn't the only person having problems with this type of tuner. I will admit to having the same issues. I have tried numerous times, spent ungodly amount of hour trying to tune/interpret/ or even get it to simply tune to my truck. And you know what it did. It didn't tune.

I must mention my vehicle type before I am hung by all of you mindless people. j/k. I own an array of diesel powered vehicles but the one affected by this is my 2003 Ford Excursion Limited 6.0L PowerStroke Diesel. My truck ALL 100% MADE FORD NO DODGE/CHEVY no hybrid bull crap here, I had THE SAME EXACT problem. And you know what I did about it. The same thing axiom has done. Arguments lasting a 1-2 months. I bought my tuner in 2006 and you know what. It was never fixed because the godlike tech geniuses told me it would take a while for it to be fixed and never was. I have the most patients out of any of you posting. Hell I told them take your time atleast keep calling me, and keeping me posted. That plan failed miserably. Never heard a word from them again......

But hell what ever. I am with another 2 companies now. Both in my opinion superior to all. I "roll" with Pacific Performance Engineering, and also SCT (Whose tuners compatible with most EVERY Ford product).

If you had any idea how many flashed Ford put out in 03 you would understand his issue.

Our problem, he drags a problem on this board, a problem with a product he apparently did not buy from them directly.

Btw, I fully understand his conversion. That is possibly the most bastardized, ass backwards, pointless conversion I have yet seen. AND I HAVE BEEN ON TUNER BOARDS!!!!:bang

That's pretty harsh, the truck is quick, has the best Dodge body on it, comfortable modern interior, and sounds awesome! However, that is just my opinion :)

As one person mentioned before, this guy should have swapped PCM's a long, long, long time ago.

I swapped from AWA3 to DAC3 long ago for no other reason than because Dennis had better sh*t for the latter code as it was more common.

Nothing new there.

$100 says this trap dude and Axiom are the same guy!!!!!!!!! Roachie- I agree with you 100% this is the dumbest conversion I have ever seen in my life! and I am a conversion guy!!!!

One question for you axiom- you say that it has all the ford wiring and nothing other than the body is dodge....can you explain to me how you hooked up the dash or did you shop the dodge dash out and pry the ford dash into it? have any pics? I would love to see it!!!!!:bang:bang:bang

Axiom and chevyinlinesix, Get your **** and GTFO

Yes it is.

Doubt that

Being a customer, I can guarantee you yes. Their unprofessionalism speaks volumes.

Nice to see you guys like to perpetuate stereotypes :)

Your stereotype would be ratard

That's pretty harsh, the truck is quick, has the best Dodge body on it, comfortable modern interior, and sounds awesome! However, that is just my opinion :)

Nobody cares about your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back