runaway

yfzrunner

hey guys i have a 96 12v cummins and want to prevent runaway. Does anyone have pics of there setup with the positive air shutoff with a aftermarket intake.I do want to run a filter thanks.

ok i search every shut off thread. And i still cant find a pic of someone having a air shutoff with a aftermarket intake and filter. i drive my truck daily and just want to be safe. It is turned up a little and i am pushing 30 psi. So i worry turbo seal fails im screwed. Or am i just paranoid. Pics would be awesome thanks guys.

your just paraniod..... just get a 4" blast gate setup and mount between the turbo and the intake pipe.

ok i was thinking more of the engineered diesel butterfly valve seems to look more clean and less space used. But do these restrict air flow and what the damage and valve is shut just a blown turbo.

Last edited:
ok i was thinking more of the engineered diesel butterfly valve seems to look more clean and less space used. But do these restrict air flow and what the damage and valve is shut just a blown turbo.

You ask us if a valve designed like this will restrict air flow? :doh:

Hydraulic_Butterfly_Valve.jpg

ya i was just thinking intake is 5 inch then goes into a 4 inch then 5 inch again. Sorry guys im new to this and i guess no restriction with a guillotine style i just hate the bulk in the engine bay. And does anyone got pics of this setup with a air intake.

Last edited:
how good do these air gates hold a seal i drive down dirt roads all the time and just seems small sand particles would fall down and get sucked in.

how good do these air gates hold a seal i drive down dirt roads all the time and just seems small sand particles would fall down and get sucked in.

If they didn't seal, they wouldn't work. I really think that you're getting anxious about a non issue. The chances of you accidentally closing the shut off and lunching seals are a lot greater than having a runaway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

ya probally right i always get paranoid lol. co2 for the win. Are a filter a little loose to yank off and stick a board there.

Last edited:
Back