Does this sound like a bad fca ? Just replaced the injectors a couple months ago.

Do you have any way of watching rail pressure? In my experience, they seem to hammer really hard when the FCA goes out but mine was a failure of the valve that allowed the pump max inlet fuel. Have you tried unplugging it to see if it changes, should sound really loud and sort of hammer-like. If it doesn't change I would be inclined to think you may have a jammed FCA.

Unplug your FCA and see if it changes, that will take it to max rail pressure so don't do it for too long. If it doesn't change then the FCA is bad. I had a wire in the harness go bad and cause my rail pressure to be at max. Snedge can get you the FCA and the harness if needed.

What's the cheapest way to see rail pressure ? I've kept the cr stock and I try to spend money on the 12 valve. The mega cab is the family rig

What's the cheapest way to see rail pressure ? I've kept the cr stock and I try to spend money on the 12 valve. The mega cab is the family rig

You'll know very quickly when you pull the FCA.... it's gonna spike to something like 26,995.... or 28,995.. can't remember.

Just think of 7.3 injection rattle at idle... sorta.

It should level out in less than 20 secs after plugging back in as general rule of thumb.

You may throw a code when doing it which is normal, just be prepared to have to clear it!

Last edited:
I’ve been pretty busy this summer. Finally took the wife’s truck for a spin and noticed it was running a little rougher and has a miss some days - during the 1st 15 min of run time. I wiggled the fca plug a little and could hear it rattle. Rail pressure was 7k at idle. I hope I’m hope I’m not hurting the new injectors.

7k @ idle is normal.

FCA takes 5 mins to swap out. you should keep a spare FCA on hand. i do.

Back