12v build to start soon!

Haha might want to let him know.... Unless it looks bad when I have the head off, I think I'm going to play it smart, financially, and run it as is. Thanks for heading me in the right direction though

Build

Unless you need to rebuild the engine just take that money you just quoted prices of parts and buy a head from Hamilton.
Use the injectors you have and the stock intake horn/plenumn.
You'll be worlds ahead and save for a rebuild and runner intake and better injectors.

Parts are beginning to come in……

BD Steering Box Stabilizer:
IMG_0328.jpg

Stroud Tranny Blanket (for the pulls!):
IMG_0327.jpg

haha yea, probably half street and half puller. Thanks Bri. Head and runner intake should be done soon as well. I'll get some videos up after the build so you guys can see how all the parts mesh together

Ok. I know I mentioned this before, and you're gona laugh at how I keep going back and forth, but I keep thinking about building the bottom end in the truck….I'm gona have the motor out and head off, cam out etc…If I did want to do it, would I just need mahle large bowl pistons, new rod bolts, new bearings, and get my stock crank and stock rods balanced? What kinda money would we be talking about here? 600 for pistons, 150 for arp rod bolts, 150 for haisley rod and main bearings, maybe 500 for machining/balancing the crank and rods??? Do main bolts too? That would add about 300 more. So, roughly $1300-1600 more to the build. What would you guys do? I just think it'd be nice to have a "whole new motor" with, hypothetically, no worries…. Please help me out here….either talk me into it, or talk me out of it….I can't seem to make up my mind. Thank you very much guys

I shot Jeff an email btw, Weston. Think balancing the stock rods would be adequate? Am I forgetting anything? anything you would add besides the block stiffener? If I went with the stiffener, would I need to get the longer main studs? Also, when doing a fresh bottom end, is honing the cylinders required? or just if the cross-hatching is diminishing?

Think balancing the stock rods would be adequate? If I went with the stiffener, would I need to get the longer main studs? Also, when doing a fresh bottom end, is honing the cylinders required? or just if the cross-hatching is diminishing?

You can balance the rods if you like, no need for main studs as the block stiffener does not tie them in, and I would recommend at least a hone when installing new pistons/rings.

Back