Gooseneck trailer features

I tried the used motor oil, apparently mine is too dirty, even after baking in the sun for a week if I touched the boards I turned black.

It does get nasty....and I sure as hell don't climb on it with good clothes on.....but that used oil is way cheaper than Thomson's. :D

We have the rubber decking on one of our detach trailers...not good. In the summer it stretches so much we have 9" tall hump in the middle where it's pulled through the screw holes, and in the winter she's fine again.

Can't beat a goo Apitong floor. Lasts pretty much the life of a trailer in most climates.

Wet traction is a problem no matter what, I don't know of any surface that is fool proof, other than bar stock welded across the driving area, or wire mesh/expanded metal.

Chris

We have the rubber decking on one of our detach trailers...not good. In the summer it stretches so much we have 9" tall hump in the middle where it's pulled through the screw holes, and in the winter she's fine again.

Shrinkage has always been a problem....but I've never had a "growth" problem.

:hehe:

Screw them down in the summer when they are hot....then at least you won't have a hump. $.02

DONT buy black woods lumber. It is junk, I bought a brand new pj in November with blackwoods and it was peeling from the lumber off the dealers lot. I sent blackwoods multiple pictures, (of coarse they claim this has never happened) and surprisingly they shipped me all new lumber for me to replace... only problem is as I personally hand unloaded it I noticed some of the boards weren't even the right/same length! And as I looked them over the quality was even worse, including one board that wasn't completely coated, like they ran out of rubber! I plan on making a cutting up both decks and putting on an oak floor

Has anyone had any dealings with Rumber?
I hauled a load of it when I was pulling a step deck to a redneck trailer dealer in Springfield. Pretty neat stuff but I'd never had any dealings with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shrinkage has always been a problem....but I've never had a "growth" problem.

:hehe:

I LOL 'd

DONT buy black woods lumber. It is junk, I bought a brand new pj in November with blackwoods and it was peeling from the lumber off the dealers lot. I sent blackwoods multiple pictures, (of coarse they claim this has never happened) and surprisingly they shipped me all new lumber for me to replace... only problem is as I personally hand unloaded it I noticed some of the boards weren't even the right/same length! And as I looked them over the quality was even worse, including one board that wasn't completely coated, like they ran out of rubber! I plan on making a cutting up both decks and putting on an oak floor

Good to know!

I hauled a load of it when I was pulling a step deck to a redneck trailer dealer in Springfield. Pretty neat stuff but I'd never had any dealings with it.

Donahue trailers use it in their livestock trailers but said you have to have crossmembers on 12" centers. I was seriously considering buying the slide and tilt 36' that Donahue builds until he shot down or over priced every single option I wanted- winch, decking material, air ride, lights, etc

I thought I had just explained that, genius. LOL

Yes. It lasts forever...but it's heavy, it's expensive, it's slick, and recommended crossmembers are 9" apart. In the heat of the summer at 100F it sags like Jenner's tits.

Great for stock trailers...not so much for flatbeds is my $.02

I ran them long ways, most run them sideways. Less cutting that thick, sticky, schidt. Not "rumber" brand, but same junk. It's old tires shredded and pressed through an extruder.

Added more crosses to the original.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4216.jpg
    IMG_4216.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Get another Pepsi this morning! Cranky old phucker!

Only 43....but don't feel a day over 55 when I get out of bed. LOL

Was at the trailer place Wed afternoon to get some tires and junk. Was eyeballin' the crap out of this little dude.

Tripples, extensions, bi-direction gate, tarp kit, dual jacks, split box, yada yada. $8695

attachment.php

Anyone want to buy a dump truck for $8695?

Attachments

• IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Only 43....but don't feel a day over 55 when I get out of bed. LOL

Was at the trailer place Wed afternoon to get some tires and junk. Was eyeballin' the crap out of this little dude.

Tripples, extensions, bi-direction gate, tarp kit, dual jacks, split box, yada yada. $8695

attachment.php

Anyone want to buy a dump truck for $8695?
Someone may, if you ever finish the engine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The engine is finished. It the other crap I don't have time for. :D
Yeah yeah, it no longer a question of who will be done be first with their 8.3, you or Adam. It's no a question of how many miles he'll have on his before you get done. Think we should set the over/under at 100k miles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That dump trailer is almost exactly like the one I want, only thing I would change is to dual axle 10k with super singles on it. Paying tolls per axle sucks, not to mention how bad you tear up tires with tripples.

Instead of triple duals with the standard 16" tires go with tandem duals with 17.5 tires, I think the 245's are a inch taller than 235-85x16's but are rated for 6000 lbs each plus being commercial tires they will last longer.

I really like that Red Rhino with hyd dovetail.

Back