broken washer in pan

toolmanoffroad

Dont tread on me
Hey guys Im posting this up for a friend from the 4btswaps site. He called today saying that he found pieces of what looks like a 1.5 in round brass washer with splines in the bottom of his pan of the ve pumped 4cyl he bought the other day. Looking at the pdf diagrams we dont see anything that might match up? You have any thoughts on where this came from? This was a running motor when it was pulled and looks great inside except for this and it has him worried. thanks in advance guys for any info! :Cheer:

Turbo thrust bearing. At least that's what it was in Wayne (Jff24gordn)'s engine. I think it would be oil grooves instead of splines though.

Sounds like a turbo thrust bearing. It has munched a charger in the past. The oil pan is good for holding extra parts for you to find later. At least you didn't find a pack of cigarettes and a tube of silicone in there. Been there, scratched my head, laughed.
If there is that much of the charger in the pan, there might be pieces of the compressor wheel that made it through the intake into the cylinders.
Did the parts look something like this?? This is a pic I fund on ebay for a garrett bearing.

Attachments

• c205_1.JPG
    c205_1.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 11
Yea, I was helpin a buddy open a 350 once and found a full pack of cigarettes and a half a tube of silicone. It was on a muddin truck and a friend of mine put it together with a few cases of bud light and he remembered looking all over for his cigarettes that night and couldnt find them.

I hope a surgeon wouldn't leave a pack of smokes in me.

Back