Banks sidewinder turbo rebuild kit? info?

Smokin ACE

1st gen turbo tester
I had a friend call me that had a buddy with a 93 ford with a banks sidwinder turbo kit on it. He said the turbo felt tight but the seals were gone in the turbo, he said it was really dirty and sludgy when he pulled the intake off and its smokin really bad out the exhaust. He was wondering if theres any place you can get a rebuild kit or new seals for this turbo? He said he called banks and they could only sell him the whole turbo. I've rebuilt a few dodge turbos and they werent bad so I told him I'd check around on this. So does anyone know if you can get a rebuild/seal kit for these ol turbos? Or if anyone has a good turbo like this or knows of one let me know. I'm not really a ford guy but I'm kind of familiar with the old IDIs and I've heard of this banks turbo kit before. I'm sure theres a kit out there its just findin out what turbo it is and where to get it.

From what I've researched it is a mitsubishi turbo but I'm not sure if its the TE06H or the TD06. I've heard both and not sure if its basically the same turbo or if they're different. Some were on the ol 6.2s too and not sure if its the exact same turbo but I'm assuming it would be? or really close.

Any ideas or help is appreciated

sure its not a bad cdr valve? I bypassed mine and went to a road draft tube and no more gunked up intake.if the turbo is tight then i doubt thats the problem.

He said its always had a little oil in there from that but he said its smokin like crazy and he thinks the seals are gone. He's out of town right now or I'd look at it some more. He said he's just gonna pull it off and run it without a turbo til he can get this rebuilt. The model # on his turbo is the TE06H so I guess any of the ebay mitsubishi TE06H kits will work?

ya, any of the kits off ebay are fine. ebay user johnsmith04shop is the best guy to go through. rons kits are always good quality and reasonably priced.

Back