Learning to tune

Matt_81

Where is a good place to learn to write tunes? I really wanna get in to learning, but I don't see much info out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Google "Starlite Diesel" and see if he is conducting any of his classes near you. Zack does an excellent job of teaching the basics of EFILive.

Ok cool, I'll look into them. I have heard that name before.. thanks

I ordered the book from starlite which is a very good read to help explain how everything works. And I believe they will take the cost of the book off the class price if you decide to take the class down the road or if one isn't available near you at the moment.

I ordered the book from starlite which is a very good read to help explain how everything works. And I believe they will take the cost of the book off the class price if you decide to take the class down the road or if one isn't available near you at the moment.
Yea I've seen the book they offer. I also see it only goes up to 2009 cummins. It's 2017 now lol. So, does the tunes not change too much from the 3rd Gen to the 4th Gen? Or from the 2010 duramaxx to present? That's the only reason I haven't ordered that book yet. Plus, I'd rather have hands on training then reading a book.. but they don't have any classes yet.
And does the book help explain how to write custom tunes?

Yea I've seen the book they offer. I also see it only goes up to 2009 cummins. It's 2017 now lol. So, does the tunes not change too much from the 3rd Gen to the 4th Gen? Or from the 2010 duramaxx to present? That's the only reason I haven't ordered that book yet. Plus, I'd rather have hands on training then reading a book.. but they don't have any classes yet.
And does the book help explain how to write custom tunes?

Good luck getting capable files for 4th gen stuff.

Tuning is based on principles, all principles that are in the book still translate to the newer gen trucks. The book is worth the money if someone is just getting started on tuning.

The hardest part is just figuring out all the little hidden limiters etc. it took me a while before I found some hidden "limiters" that wouldn't let me have full cmd throughout RPMs. Like Tyler says tuning a diesel is the same basic principle, just some have more capabilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back