Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Diesel Conversions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Diesel Conversions Powerplant swaps, Repowers, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #241
6.9poweredscout

Name: 6.9poweredscout
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
That's perfect. I need to measure how long my arm is. I think i should be able to make a hydraulic setup work off of a Ford or dodge. Not sure i want to make a air slave work like you did, but if i have to i will.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #242
parkland

Name: parkland
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post

Oh and I did some mileage numbers yesterday. Based on a 60 mile drive, mostly hwy it got 12-13mpg. Not as great as I hoped, but it could be the lack of power requiring more full throttle acceleration. We'll see what it does with the P-pump I finally got.
The dt360 is of course has static timing, do you know what RPM's the truck ran at that it came out of?
Whats it running in yours?

The real trick would be to time it right for the RPM it's running at highway speed, and also make sure that the injection pump and injectors are running right.

From what I understand about the dt360 pump so far, the injection duration is on the long side, so there might be a lot of injection past TDC.
Ideally, you'd want your injection to be as quick as possible, not long.
The p7100 should do just that, from what I understand.
I don't see why you couldn't get a lot closer to 20 mpg if it's set up right, a lot of dt360 school buses are getting what your getting, and they're a lot bigger and heavier.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #243
coastal

Name: coastal
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkland View Post
The dt360 is of course has static timing, do you know what RPM's the truck ran at that it came out of?
Whats it running in yours?

The real trick would be to time it right for the RPM it's running at highway speed, and also make sure that the injection pump and injectors are running right.

From what I understand about the dt360 pump so far, the injection duration is on the long side, so there might be a lot of injection past TDC.
Ideally, you'd want your injection to be as quick as possible, not long.
The p7100 should do just that, from what I understand.
I don't see why you couldn't get a lot closer to 20 mpg if it's set up right, a lot of dt360 school buses are getting what your getting, and they're a lot bigger and heavier.

Hmmm that's interesting. My p-pump and spare dt360 have finally arrived, so onto the next chapter of this truck.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #244
parkland

Name: parkland
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
Hmmm that's interesting. My p-pump and spare dt360 have finally arrived, so onto the next chapter of this truck.

How was it stock with the 466 injectors? I know you said it had a bit more power, wondering how you feel about it now.

Do you have a list of modifications for your build?
My current hangup is valve springs. The racing ones available apparently can crack rocker arms, and I can't find any of the exhaust brake ones that are better than stock but not extreme.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #245
coastal

Name: coastal
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
slow. but ok in 3rd-6th, it maintains speed no problem up hills and stuff.

John Barnes, the other guy on the internet with the white f250/dt360 said to weld the rocker arms if they are the stamped steel ones for the heavy valve springs. He also made his own serpentine conversion too!

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZvZ-Q9EVTA

Last edited by coastal; 01-13-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Closed Thread