New truck project

I am happy to have an update on the truck. This winter I did a back half 4 link and a front half and really focused on weight loss. Started over with a sleeved 6.7 12v with a single 75/96/1.32. I finally got to race the truck for the first time this weekend at all day diesel event and took home the win in 6.50 and pro street with a best pass of 6.23. The truck needs help on the 60 foot and I plan to focus on that before RTDS. It’s a relief seeing what you worked so hard on finally make a debut and it winning the event. I couldn’t have done this without my sponsors, I appreciate any and all Help I have received. #anteatertruck
c28472c0b315f988e9ccd815cdd93a2f.jpg

784396e88f7f2852253d848eaaf510ce.jpg
2855f5b1eeb474cac83c785d73ecbb82.jpg
5c872ecb6d4b391b5c5cfcd8daf688be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man, you made that look easy. 6.23 on a single 475 mechanical inj is impressive.

It’s got more in it. That was with a 1.55 60 the launch wasn’t where I wanted it. Also very minimal spray on that pass as I only had a spool solenoid. I am hoping to run 5.90 on this 75. No nitrous is used to spool it either

Where did your overall weight end up at?

Unfortunately i am not done with weight loss and wanted to race but it’s at 4450 ish with me in it and 5 gallons of fuel and a full bottle of nitrous. I had to fill the 17 gallon cell to make weight this weekend. In 5.90 it’s getting lighter. I still have drum brakes and those are getting replaced with tbms. Wanting to make an aluminum trans pan. Radiator and water pump are going out Back in favor of a electric one that’s lighter. Because of this the water necks and big alternator bracket are going to light weight AN. Hoping to save weight there. That’s with gutted steal doors yet. I wanted 4300 race weight

That is a beefy intercooler.
Stock frame only goes from the front axle to back of cab?

Correct. It was only going to be under the cab but i ran out of time. Hind site if I do anything more to the chassis it will start with a pile of tube and me selling this chassis. Building a promod is about as easy

That's awesome! Congrats, Austin!

I remember seeing someone on IG got second and remembering the video clip... it was against you. Who was 2nd?

I didn’t know if that was to meet some requirement in the rule book or something.

The beauty of 5.90 the class I built it for is we have no rules. Fallow safety and don’t go faster then 5.90 and you are golden. It’s a fun class

Back