Hydraulic steering ram size

cummins.powered

Looking into putting electric over hydraulic steering on my 3.0 truck I’m building. Which size Ram are you guys using? This is on a dodge second gen. 2.5” bore by 8” stroke? Also if you could point me in the right direction for a good orbital valve and a electric pump that isn’t overly priced. Thanks guys

Looking into putting electric over hydraulic steering on my 3.0 truck I’m building. Which size Ram are you guys using? This is on a dodge second gen. 2.5” bore by 8” stroke? Also if you could point me in the right direction for a good orbital valve and a electric pump that isn’t overly priced. Thanks guys

I used a PSC 2.5x8 with a trail gear 125ml orbital valve. I got my pump from northern tool. The part number is 1261009.

I never had an issue with my setup

Using a 2x8 ram and whatever the largest displacement orbital I could find was, I think it was like 13ci, and a Northern tool pump. The ram I got came from Tractor Supply it was the smallest one they had. Also I recommend welding some kind of stop on to the knuckle of the axle, not relying on the ram bottoming out. I had a couple situations when I first started with the full hydraulic steering where it would steer too far and would get stuck or start rubbing on the fender so hard it would slice the tire.

Had a psc double with 8in stroke on my off road buggy. Moved 40x13.5's like it was no big deal. Had great luck on it.

I'll have to dig to see what orbital I used. But it was same psc sold in kits

Back