Trying to build a 2.6 dodge with no experience

Mattrbrown

I’m trying to build a a 2.6 out of my 02 dodge ext cab long box 5 speed truck, air dog lift pump 1 3/8 input shaft. Looking for help on what I need to do to make it down the track I don’t care about winning I just have to pull!!! I have a 215 ppump with 7x11 injectors in a motor that spun a cam bearing and broke cam in two assuming ppumping my 02 is best option, I know nothing about turbos and injectors other than changing them, I know I need traction bars. I really don’t have any sled experience other than watching my entire life… if I make it down the track one time my life is complete!!!! Thanks for any help I dream about sled pulling!!!!!!!!

If not concerned with a podium finish, I'd say use as many of the parts you have to get started. You can always change, and make upgrades as you go and see the need.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

First what's your location and pulling organization your going to be with. Definitely need to look at there rule book and build to it. That way there's no surprises when you show up and can't hook over an un-known rule. Your turbo will be dictated by the 2.6 class rules. Look at the classifieds here and on the FB for sale pages alot of good used parts available. After that just build it as your budget allows and just remember it's for fun.

Live in central Iowa want to pull 2.6 in northwest Missouri (nwmtpa) and or Midwest pullers in work stock they don’t have a 2.6 class. Thinking work stock to learn a little since Idk what to do with my diff’s etc.. wish I new somebody locally that pulled! I see you have a Fummins I built mine 08 f350 with a 99 24 valve!! Love it tow everyday!! Love pulls been a dream my whole life, little overwhelming tryin to get started but I can’t wait!!

I’d say keep it to county fair stuff, starting out and just have fun, once rules are imposed things get expensive, I do most of my own work, know a few guys and am still gonna be over 20k in this power plant with air n fuel for 2.6. Designed a cam to go with my cylinder head which utilizes nuance’s most can’t identify let alone understand, cut my own pistons worked with scheid on injectors and got some infinite ones to dyno against each other. Most guys run a profab nv in this class. I have 3 different intercoolers to test on the dyno. A few different hitches drawn up, but until I can scale the truck n figure out weights then I’ll know which hitch to use.

Last edited:
midwest would be a good group to get your feet wet , their work stock rules don't seem to bad from what I have hear. depending on your location you could head east and pull with ecipa anywhere from northwood to Sigourney and over to davenport . they cover alot of area and follow ppl rules and you will be checked so safety stuff needs to be up to par. I have pulled with them in 3.0 over the years and been a nice group to pull with. tracks are pretty good most the time and move the show along

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back