anyone using an auto tranny to pull

01 24v

i am just tring to figure out if I want to do the 5 spd swap or stick with my auto, I plan on starting to pull in the future. If you are pullin with an auto what do you have done to it. Thanks

Well I guess it just depends on what you want to do. I personally would stick with the auto. My tranny was built by Goerend. Full billet internals front to back. Valve body and a 2000 rpm triple disc billet stall converter.I also run a laminated flex plate. To top it all off a TCI ratchet shifter mounted on a pedistal.

I run an auto and love it, I have switched to tighter converter (1650) and it seams to work much better than the 2400 that I had before. I have considered going to a rachet shifter but at this point everything is working very well and I dont want to change anything.

Im running a stage V ATS with there 5 star converter. If I had to do it all over again I would not have gone with ATS.

Maybe this will work. Not good with posting pictures. :bang

Attachments

• hand on shifter.jpg
    hand on shifter.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 73
  • shifter 2.jpg
    shifter 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 68
Stay with the automatic. My cousin has been pulling with around 600hp for 2 years now and hasnt had 1 problem from his built Goerend.

I am still running stock clutches with a goerend tc/vb, with billet input and laminated flexplate, and i pull a couple times a year without a problem.

Eric

I love pulling my auto the manual VB allows me to hit 3rd gear for a little bit and then pull it back to 2nd to keep from huffing the charger. And because I have full control over it I can leave in 2nd on real loose tracks to keep from blowing the tires off.

we pull in the 2.8 or 3.0 class. Mostly indiana and southern ohio. our auto is full billet with as much clutch pack as you can have. 5 star converter with as high a stall as you can get. Has worked well for us but manuals have their advantages also. Easier to get a bigger exhaust housing lit and allitle easier to get higher rpm's with same power.

Back