New bed for 07 rust prevention suggestions?

Got Smoke?

Going to pick up a replacement bed and tailgate for my 07 this Saturday. I was thinking of spraying the inner fenders with some kind of coating to hopefully keep moisture out and prevent them from rusting above the rear wheels like my last bed did.

I don't remember if we have any paint and body guys on here, but I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions on this matter?

If you are diligent with prep work, Por 15. If you want to just spray it down and move on, look at Fluid Film or LPS #3. The LPS will be the more permanent of those two

When I buy southern vehicles I coat them everywhere I can reach with the fluid film you buy in pails not aerosols. I apply with it with an air powered sprayer. I reapply it twice a year. I have several vehicles that have been through northern winters with no signs of rust yet.

I have no faith in paint unless it's a factory applied epoxy, and even then I'm not 100% trusting since I have seen corrosion find a pin hole and travel underneath. They don't use paint to preserve bare steel pipe underground they use layers of petroleum products.

If you are diligent with prep work, Por 15. If you want to just spray it down and move on, look at Fluid Film or LPS #3. The LPS will be the more permanent of those two

The LPS appears to be a one and done unlike fluid film but at twice the cost. I'll probably suck it up and do LPS as I don't want to have to buy another bed down the road. Thank you I was not aware of this product!

That Fluid Film you posted is what we're talking about, I actually had bought some in a 5 gal.

The LPS appears to be a one and done unlike fluid film but at twice the cost. I'll probably suck it up and do LPS as I don't want to have to buy another bed down the road. Thank you I was not aware of this product!

IIRC, LPS claims 5 year application. I had sprayed the LPS 3 on the exterior of my rocker panels one winter. It was a royal PITA to remove in the spring, Purple power and some elbow grease :badidea:

I still use the hell outta the Fluid Film, it stays more viscous and will creep into places / cracks you can't see for a long time.

Back