08' LMM poor fuel millage

wideopen

Slum Lord
I have a buddy with an 08' LMM that is getting less than 11 MPG. Any Ideas why?

It has the quadzilla Stealth2 tunner(DPF Delete) and a 4" exhaust with the DPF delete pipe. Truck has about 30K on it?

Is that all that's done to it Phil? That is really low for a non-DPF truck. I'll have to think on that one.

Put a Cummins in it.:hehe::blahblah1:*bdh*

Sorry, I mean I don't know what would cause that.

Lift? Tire Pressure? Fuel Filter last changed? Any Abnormal Smoke? What Cab/Chassis Configuration? Driving Habits?

Im pretty easy on mine, that's about what I get too. Im still stock though, I haven't gotten my exhaust and tune put on my new truck, but my old LMM only changed 1 mpg with the dpf gone. It got 14, but it was stock height and tires. The new truck is leveled with 265/70's.

Tire pressure is a good one to check, uh....check to make sure he doesn't have an intercooler boot really loose ?? Is this a new condition or has it always been this low ? Might just be a dud, dunno

he has something really bad going on their, I just went over 9900 miles on the clock from 6700 miles, in 1 month on vacation ....my truck is stock except for the DIY intake...even has camper shell and had 3300 lbs in the bed going to NC from Indiana and average 16.7 MPG.....then left for Michigan to ride the sleds......and got back to 18.2 MPG......and I have a 08 GMC CCSB

I have not tried that programming on a lmm non dpf but I have always seen at the very least 2mpg gain and that was on a truck with a ppe hot+2 tuner and 4 inch exhaust, that was raced daily:hehe: I am sure its a combination of driving habits and the tune.

i have a rclb with 285s with a leveling kit the best i got on a trip back from bowling green ohio was 17 with ppe. but thats the best ive ever gotten normally im around 14-15mpg. that is with a dpf also.

I have a buddy with an 08' LMM that is getting less than 11 MPG. Any Ideas why?

It has the quadzilla Stealth2 tunner(DPF Delete) and a 4" exhaust with the DPF delete pipe. Truck has about 30K on it?

Driving style? How long has it been since fuel filter was changed? Check with manufacturer on tuner may not have correct download in it. I seen this once with a PPE Hot+2 a local LMM owner had, one call to PPE and they had it corrected.

Back