2012 LML Chevy Silverado HD WT question

mopar440cu

Knowledge Seeker
I just purchased a 2012 LML 3500 Silverado WT and have some questions. The truck only had 38k on it and was wondering what are the trucks week points? I never owned a Duramax only Dodge diesels so, I am a green horn on this one.

I am attaching a pic of a box in the interior of the cab on the dash and I can not figure out what it is. Maybe one of you can educate me on it? I am thinking maybe it is maybe part of a Snow Plow Package?

Also on the front of the lower bumper in the middle am I missing a plastic part where the tow hooks are, like a valiance panel maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_1727.jpg
    IMG_1727.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm guessing it has to do with a plow. Usually that panel is cut when using a plow mount.

The cp4's are the weak point of the LML's. You could put tie rod sleeves on it if you plan to beat it in four wheel drive. Mine, and other '11+ trucks I know, will get a weird rear axle shift when pulling out (bind on the brakes, unbind pulling out). It's intermittent at best.

Edit: the switches look aftermarket to me.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like any plow control I seen. But it does look similar to a pto controller or remote start for an auxiliary unit, ie air compressor. Just my 2 cents. And yes your missing a plastic air diffuser.

I'm guessing it has to do with a plow. Usually that panel is cut when using a plow mount.

The cp4's are the weak point of the LML's. You could put tie rod sleeves on it if you plan to beat it in four wheel drive. Mine, and other '11+ trucks I know, will get a weird rear axle shift when pulling out (bind on the brakes, unbind pulling out). It's intermittent at best.

Edit: the switches look aftermarket to me.

No plans on dragging, mudding, off-roading or anything like that. I need it for the company to pull a trailer full of aluminum supplies. As for the CP4 should I change it before anything happens? If so, with what brand?

Back