Turbonetics Ball Bearing

We just put the TN BB turbo on my nephews trucks and it is awesome with a 1.0 housing spools fast like a 6.0 and boost hits 29-31 depending on load. If you are looking to upgrade this is the one.

MrJohnWayne said:
Where did he purchase it from?

He didn't purchase it-its a prototype unit that he is beating the snot out of to test the durability of the design.

We are taking the turbo out of my nephews truck and putting it in my F450 for some real hard a$$ driving. Yes I'm detuning the truck pretty much back to stock.

We got some time this afternoon to test the turbo and retro Spearco intercooler.

Ambient temps at the airbox going into the turbo were 100 degrees. Turbo outlet temps peaked at 215 degrees, and intercooler outlet temps peaked at 110 or so.

Peak boost was still 25 PSI, and drive pressure spiked to 32 PSI on the shift to OD, but settled to 28 PSI as RPM increased. We were in DP Tuners 140 HP file.

Keep in mind, this truck is an early 99, so fuel is lacking, and the truck has stock injectors and no fuel system. There is NO smoke at WOT. Part of the reason this is important to know, is that 1999.5-2003 trucks should have an easier time spooling this-we have NO issue with that.

I got the TN drop in BB turbo in my truck and all I can say is WOW this is great , spool up is fast and it is very quite. The best part of the turbo is it loves to be hooked to a trailer , this is one pulling beast.

I have tried both .84 & the 1.0 on a non TN branded Ball Buster & the .84 definately has more low end but find it suffers too much above 2500 rpm I find.The .84 whistles much louder.$.02

I broke a non BB Turbonetics on Wednesday night, and there was new one on my doorstep Saturday morning. And did I mention that this particular turbo was already out of warranty?

I put mine on order yesterday morning!! Kevin was saying I'm 3rd in line for the next shipment so we'll see what happens when it gets here! :D :D

Ive had my TN drop in since May. I went with the 1.0 housing. High flow housing and no ebp valve. I see a little more lag out of the hole. But it seems to love fuel. The more i put to it the better it runs. Im seeing 29 to 30lbs at wide open throttle. Im running a DP with a 140 extreme. Hoping to get some stage 2s in it sometime soon. Well see if it likes that much fuel. Im sure it will. And not to mention the sound is awsome.

Last edited:
Gotti2k7 said:
Ive had my TN drop in since May. I went with the 1.0 housing. High flow housing and no ebp valve. I see a little more lag out of the hole. But it seems to love fuel. The more i put to it the better it runs. Im seeing 29 to 30lbs at wide open throttle. Im running a DP with a 140 extreme. Hoping to get some stage 2s in it sometime soon. Well see if it likes that much fuel. Im sure it will. And not to mention the sound is awsome.

You have the Non BB unit, which is also a GREAT turbo but the OP is asking about the new Ball Bearing unit just released...

The new ceramic ball bearing units are now available.

Anything in May is not a BB unit, but it can be upgraded.

Mr. Wayne, is it installed yet?

No it is not. I got it last wednesday (10/17) but it did not have the new intake boot. Got that saturday but still didnt do any good cause I was out of town since thursday and just got back last night. I'm planning on doing it this weekend along with my stg 2 sticks....

Thanks again to you and Kevin for the overnight shipping on this thing and the saturday shipping on the boot!!!!!

As soon as I get it in I will let you know how she does!

Back