TDI tune/DPF delete results

I exported all my recorded fill ups (38 in total) to a spread sheet. Total average is 45.8mpg, hopefully I'll see an improvement!

MPGlog_zps48e74d6d.png

No it's an app called mpg for free. I couldn't find that fuelly app and didn't want to log on every time.

There isn't a Fuelly App, but if you go to the FAQ on their website it will show you how to put a shortcut onto the homescreen of your Droid/iPhone.

I use it religiously now for my vehicles so much easier than trying to keep track of paper.

Your Jetta had a DPF?

our 2011 Jetta has a DPF, seems that some of the salesmen don't know the difference between a a DPF and SCR. as I understand the Jetta, beetle, and golf are DPF, while the Passat and larger are SCR. Interestingly (to me at least) the Passat is rated to get better MPG's than the Jetta.

When you inject the urea solution you don't have to have as a large of a post combustion injection into the exhaust. Hence mileage is better, you still have to factor the def cost into it.

and fluid to go with it

That too. Ammonia and water is all it is.

When you inject the urea solution you don't have to have as a large of a post combustion injection into the exhaust. Hence mileage is better, you still have to factor the def cost into it.

DEF/Urea tank is about 5 gallons and will last 15K miles to empty. DEF can be purchased cheap at most auto parts retailers. It's all the same solution.

That too. Ammonia and water is all it is.

DEF/Urea tank is about 5 gallons and will last 15K miles to empty. DEF can be purchased cheap at most auto parts retailers. It's all the same solution.

Just make sure the uber-sensitive environmental idiots don't try to water down their pee to create a more "sustainable solution.":doh:

I already had an hour long conversation with one on this very subject! I should have recorded it...:soap:

Filled up for the first time since I did the delete/tune. My overall average before was 45.8mpg, this tank I did a substantial amount of in town driving, hit a lot of stop and go traffic, and used the skinny pedal much more then I'm used to. This is still winter fuel and I managed 48.7MPG!! I think if I stuck to my normal commute I would probably hit right at 50MPG, maybe better with regular fuel.

Just did my 2nd tank, 48.9MPG. The last 65 miles of that tank were driving into very strong head winds. I'm sure 50 is still going to happen.

Back