GTI build has started

Im in love with my gt2052. its fantastic. still haven't slapped on the he351 in compounds yet do to the shorty build. got a mechanical pump from the local tractor salvage yard that needs to be thrown on as well to get rid of the wiring

Im in love with my gt2052. its fantastic. still haven't slapped on the he351 in compounds yet do to the shorty build. got a mechanical pump from the local tractor salvage yard that needs to be thrown on as well to get rid of the wiring

That's good news. Once this thing becomes more race car, the passenger side of the dash is coming out, firewall and cowl are getting modified, and compounds will be put in. Probably keep the gt35, and use a gt20xx as a secondary.

Just found this site also, pretty awesome if it's all true:

http://turbochargerspecs.blogspot.com/search/label/GT20

Learning a lot about the haldex stuff now. Seems they used the same (different gens though) system in the lambo, land rovers, Volvo's, among others. I'm feeling pretty good about this. Not sure if I'm going to mess with aftermarket controllers or not. Stock stuff seems decent.
I still haven't managed to read the entire thread.

The AWD conversation caught my attention. Ever since I learned what they were doing, I have wanted an RCSB swap with AWD capability. The thought of shifting torque bias amuses me.

It seems that from what I saw, a tuned oe control left little to want over an aftermarket. Maybe tunable bias over real time bias?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I still haven't managed to read the entire thread.

The AWD conversation caught my attention. Ever since I learned what they were doing, I have wanted an RCSB swap with AWD capability. The thought of shifting torque bias amuses me.

It seems that from what I saw, a tuned oe control left little to want over an aftermarket. Maybe tunable bias over real time bias?

Supposedly the stock tune will send about 30%power to rear, max. Not sure what aftermarket tunes/controllers will send, but I know the rear diff can't handle as much as the rest of the driveline. So I may just get a tune to make it bring the power in faster.

I can't find the one particular that shows stock tune to the tune where it brings the power in twice as fast, but this one shows stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc--uaaCZeQ

Last edited:
So the awd stuff is bought and paid for, gonna be picked up tomorrow if all goes as planned, and hopefully be here within 2 weeks. Car will come off the road immediately to begin the swap.

swap parts are in CompD possession, and appear to be whole. Hopefully have them in my possession by the 15th, and start the swap that weekend if the truck is back on its legs.

Who was the guy that put a caterpillar colored BEW (I think) in a green R32 a couple of years ago? I saw it got a photo shoot and then never heard anything else

Who was the guy that put a caterpillar colored BEW (I think) in a green R32 a couple of years ago? I saw it got a photo shoot and then never heard anything else

Never saw it lol. I'd have liked to talk to him when I did my swap though.

I'm failing at finding the thread on TDI club. There was an entire build thread, I remember because I was so impressed to learn how VW did their torque transfer. It's got a magazine shoot also.

compound GTI

The builder of that GTI posted here with the user name under the user name Fouckhest, I know there was a link in his thread to the build thread on the TDI website

Back