Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diesel Innovations
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
A lesson in humility

I get asked a lot why I quit racing, truth is while I did get tired of the fast pace of trying to stay on top I was and still am quite competitive and still wanted then as now to race, but after a while it seemed that no matter what I did, it just wasn't the right time or enough money or any other number reasons that popped up that I could not for the life of me control things to my liking.
While I am happy for Zane and WOP getting in the 10's first I have to admit that I personally was not happy about not getting there first knowing full well that I/we had the truck and the power to get it done but alas it was not to be.
so I sat back and sulked not realizing that it was not me that was the problem but rather "ME THE EGOISTICAL OVER CONFIDENT ARROGANT PRIDEFUL THINK THAT I KNEW EVERYTHING AND DID EVERYTHING ME".

I finally realized what the problem was and got on my knees and asked God for forgiveness, he has since seen fit to let me race again by allowing the business to be profitable enough to fund the building of not only Snow White again but the wifes 02 CC and finally the dragster.

at any rate the point of this post was and is to share with you what a lesson in humility can be for someone that thinks they have it all figured out on their own with no help needed from the man above.
I/we will be racing again in 2011 and the foreseeable future but for a whole different reason than before, this time it will not be about setting records or being the fastest but for a whole new eye opening reason that will be sure to make a few turn heads and wonder. (More on that later)

I have often wanted to share with you guys what I did above but have never felt the right words to write until I read the below and it all kinda fell into place and made sense. I hope that this can be of use to some of you that may be going through the same thing or as a warning to some of things in the future. I was given a gift and used it for the wrong reason and will now be obedient and do it for the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUSTERS5703 View Post
Read: 2 Chronicles 26:3-19
When he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction. —2 Chronicles 26:16
Bible in a year:
Daniel 8-10; 3 John

Dwight L. Moody said, “When a man thinks he has got a good deal of strength, and is self-confident, you may look for his downfall. It may be years before it comes to light, but it is already commenced.” This was true of King Uzziah.

Everything seemed to be going so well in his life. He was obedient, submitted to spiritual mentorship, and sought God’s guidance during most of his reign. As long as he asked God for help, God gave him great success—evidenced by his many accomplishments (2 Chron. 26:3-15).

Uzziah’s life was one of great power and human success until he became blinded by it. His pride was evidenced in several ways: he challenged God’s holiness by trespassing the temple and presuming upon a position he would never be able to have (v.16); he viewed God’s power as good but not absolutely necessary for his leadership (vv.5,16); he refused godly correction and counsel (vv.18-19); he bypassed his opportunity to repent; and he ignored, instead of feared, the consequences of his sin (vv.18-19).

When God gives us success in any area of our lives, let’s not forget the Source of our success. May we choose humility, for God gives grace to the humble.

Is thy heart right with God,
Washed in the crimson flood,
Cleansed and made holy, humble and lowly,
Right in the sight of God? —Hoffman

God lifts us high when we choose to live low.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
morkable

Name: morkable
Title: Just Over Broke
Member`s Gallery
It is hard isnt it, to keep you eye on the "right" prize. I hope it all works out for you David, go get them

Closed Thread