Thought on Compound setup with S362 & S480

logan1

What are your thoughts on a compound setup with the following turbos

Industrial Injections Phatshaft S362: 62/68/.80 and a s480: 80/96/1.32?

The mods to the truck are as follows:
Airdog 2 G4 165gph lift pump
BD injection pump
3850 south bend dual disk clutch
175hp injectors
ARP 2000 head studs
5 inch exhaust

Is this a good combo to run for a 100% play truck being used as a DD. The truck already has the Industrial Injections Phatshaft S362 on it and I just rebuilt the turbo with a billet wheel. The S480 is for sale in the classified.

would work fine. the 80 will be a little slow and the 62/68 will be getting jammed with air but it will work and be a blast to drive.

If your talking about the billet 6 blade 480 I have for sale the pressure comes on great with this wheel design!

Like others have said you'd have a setup capable of laying down serious power and be very street friendly.

Though an 80mm was a little big for a street driven VP truck? O.p, running a wire tap box for max fueling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I ran that setup for a while about 10 years ago. spooled too slow for my tastes on my tight converter truck, but man did it rock and roll once it lit.

With a looser converter, it would have been fine.

Chris

You don't have near the injector needed to run that setup with a vp.

What size injectors do you think I would need to run this setup?

Just want to see if I can pickup some injectors too while I'm at it. I see them for sale all the time in the classifieds.

I have some 7x13s for sale that have under 1000 miles on them if your interested

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ive got some 7x14’s. Like i said above. It will work and work fine. However it will be laggy. Thats it. 90hp injectors would make them go. Just not as well as 200hp.

To the experts:
How much does a wastegate on a small secondary help it live in a compound setup with a larger spread like this?

Ive got some 7x14’s. Like i said above. It will work and work fine. However it will be laggy. Thats it. 90hp injectors would make them go. Just not as well as 200hp.

Being that I have a manual 6-speed should help with the lag correct? maintain higher rev's and such.

What size injectors do you think I would need to run this setup?

Nothing smaller than a 6x.013.

Just want to see if I can pickup some injectors too while I'm at it. I see them for sale all the time in the classifieds.

To the experts:
How much does a wastegate on a small secondary help it live in a compound setup with a larger spread like this?

I have a 50mm gate. 66/68 being fed by a s4t.

Being that I have a manual 6-speed should help with the lag correct? maintain higher rev's and such.

Until you shift...then the manual is worse.

I have a 62 on top, and have run both a 475, and a 480. The 480 is on it now. I have 220hp injectors, and as far as I'm concerned that would be the minimum I would run. I like driving the 475 much better.

The 62/475 made 638hp, I doubt the 480 would make anymore. The VP trucks are rpm limited. You have a narrow power band, giving up low end power is not a good thing.

Paul

Thanks for all the info guys. Ill just start saving and do the injectors and turbo setup together after tax season.

Maybe consider getting a tighter exhaust housing for the s480. I went from the standard 1.32 to a 1.10 on my s484 and the spool was significantly faster. 300-400rpm faster.

Back