Water separator question

RXT

Dumb question, My 6BT is now equipped with an Air Dog 100, however, what to do about the factory water separator location under the intake casting? It's not needed but should I just screw in a filter anyway to cover up the holes that are there to keep moisture out of the block? Or not worry about it?

Thanks Ed

Your call, but you might become tired of the airdog and wish to return to a mechanical pump, I did. So putting plugs in the holes and screwing on a filter will keep the crud out of stuff. You can still run an external filter with a mechanical pump so it is not necessary in an way to worry about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I had the same concern with mine when I went to an external filter head. I think I kept a filter on the head to keep the surface clean, but I thought about it.

If you're moving to an electric pump, it'd be cool to keep the mechanical pump along with a .000001 micron or whatever filter at the stock location, and just use it as a super-fine bypass filter.

In the event that I want/need to revert to the mechanical lift pump, I plugged/sealed the inlet and outlet with short lengths of excess hose from the Airdog kit and using the original banjo bolts. I made a cover plate out of 1/8" aluminum that I plan to fasten to the filter head. If I could just find a short M16 bolt. If not, I'll just reinstall the fuel filter.

b23d47a1991471aa2ca12f51d715fb6f.jpg

Back