P-Pump F.A.Q. READ THIS FIRST!!!

So this is where I stand. I have no understanding of the 12 valve fuel system. You say this is not something that someone should do if they dont understand the system.
So should I have one of the shops firmiliar with this conversion do it for me and get it tuned right the first time? I am quite mechanically inclined but, not sure this is something I am feeling like tackling.

Whats your guys thought?

So this is where I stand. I have no understanding of the 12 valve fuel system. You say this is not something that someone should do if they dont understand the system.
So should I have one of the shops firmiliar with this conversion do it for me and get it tuned right the first time? I am quite mechanically inclined but, not sure this is something I am feeling like tackling.

Whats your guys thought?

Get a pump, depending on size, get dv's and gsk to your likeing. Send to seth, youngunctd, let him calibrate and set it then install. If your MC, you'll be fine. JMO

Under standing meaning you need to know where the fuel inlet, return, and outlets are.

You need to have some basic knowledge of tuning a 12v, setting timing, idle, plate and Afc adjustments.

Get a pump, depending on size, get dv's and gsk to your likeing. Send to seth, youngunctd, let him calibrate and set it then install. If your MC, you'll be fine. JMO

Thanks. I will have to do that. What would be a good size pump ect to run? I literally know nothing about 12valves(no experience) other than what I have read.

Thanks. I will have to do that. What would be a good size pump ect to run? I literally know nothing about 12valves(no experience) other than what I have read.

Any size is good. Your goning for reliability IMO.

160hp pump is more than most need unless your pulling a sled.

Any working pump is fine and will be more fuel than you can burn.

I'm shotting for 650-750hp with my 160 and setup. Should be no problem if tuned correctly.

Under standing meaning you need to know where the fuel inlet, return, and outlets are.

You need to have some basic knowledge of tuning a 12v, setting timing, idle, plate and Afc adjustments.

I can figure the inlet, return and outlets:hehe:.

I however dont have any experience with tuning a 12v. How difficult can it be? Cant you get the timing pre-set on the pump? So that way all I would have to do is put the engine at tdc?

I am truely a newbie on this topic.:bang I just want to have around 650-700hp and be reliable!

I can figure the inlet, return and outlets:hehe:.

I however dont have any experience with tuning a 12v. How difficult can it be? Cant you get the timing pre-set on the pump? So that way all I would have to do is put the engine at tdc?

I am truely a newbie on this topic.:bang I just want to have around 650-700hp and be reliable!

You can have the timing set on the bench, but its nice to have the tools and the know how to do it yourself, since you will change the settings in the future to see what changes. Its inevitable. Once you get the truck running half assed, play with it and see how it affects it. You can only learn so much from the internet, first hand experience is always better. Just learn what part controls what function, then go to town on it. Thats the fun part.

wow this has answered all of my questions i had im about to start my project im sure i will asking more questions soon. im building the motor to put in a 37 chevy to make a street rod. im looking to make around 800hp any advice would be appreciated

Back