CP4.2 EXPLODED............view

WICKEDDIESELS

SUPPORTING VENDOR
IMG_2070.JPG

You guys are sure going to run out of fuel fast, the CP4.2 is roughly 80% the size of a regular old CP3.

R&D is in the process now, looks like Bosch learned a few things and implemented those changes into the new design.

Only 2 pistons? It also looks like there is no high pressure fuel internally plumbed.

Last edited:
Only 2 pistons? It also looks like there is no high pressure fuel internally plumbed.

2 plungers, but 2 lobes on the shaft, so it is the same as 4. All high pressure circuits are external, I am sure it saved bosch a fortune over a forged and heat treated steel pump body.

You would think fill rate is going to suffer at high rpm. However, looks like billet cp3's are a option now. Two sections, 6-8 plungers.

Last edited:
Too bad they had to change the mounting profile. Is the shaft diameter & taper the same as the CP3?

Too bad they had to change the mounting profile. Is the shaft diameter & taper the same as the CP3?

Shaft is amazingly similar, including the taper and thread. It is now a pinned drive, it is all you can do to turn one over by hand, you talk about plunger return spring pressure. It also has roller tappets, and the passages are huge including the fuel inlet. I woul bet this pump could maintain almost 100% VE throughout its operating range.

it looks similar to a cummins hpcr pump on our bigger isc, isl, isx engines. the early 2010 isx15 had a three plunger pump inline

Are these pumps suposed to be timed for peak inj pressure unlike old CP3's ? I have a complete 2011 engine torn down and just noticed the timing marks.

Are these pumps suposed to be timed for peak inj pressure unlike old CP3's ? I have a complete 2011 engine torn down and just noticed the timing marks.

Yes, due to the 2 piston and 2 lobe design it must be timed to keep the pressure spikes in line with injector opening to minimize pressure swings in the rail.

Back