water injection

I've been looking on and off for an electric clutch that I could drive a pressure washer pump with. Maybe put it where the second cp3 would sit, haven't really figured mounting out yet. But I planned on using a a cooling mist controller to turn the clutch on and off to control it. Should put out enough pressure or volume for anything.

This has potential. AC compressor clutch? I don't think you would want want to kick it on and immediately make 1000 psi, I would probably bring the clutch in at 10psi of boost, and let a simpson valve bring the pressure up gradually.

With the right amount of fuel and tuning i dont see this charger making things out of control (temps).
I would put all together and run it, see how it is.
Correct me if i'm wrong here guys.. most of you are referring to pulling trucks correct? I would think the trucks are defiantly pulling different engine loads vs street/strip trucks.

Sent from my fphone

Last edited:
This has potential. AC compressor clutch? I don't think you would want want to kick it on and immediately make 1000 psi, I would probably bring the clutch in at 10psi of boost, and let a simpson valve bring the pressure up gradually.

An AC clutch would definitely work I'd figure. I've been looking at mostly industrial built clutches, dam engineer in me over thinking things :doh: I do like your simpson valve idea. I'd given some thought to an adjustable bypass to control pressure and flow when you needed it. The simpson valve would simplify what I had thought of greatly.

The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com

Check out this place!! Call the guy up. He's very informative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I talked to the owner here for about 45 minutes today. Turns our we have some common friends in the drag racing world and he's about to bring to market some diesel specific kits. His tank mounting options sound pretty cool.

I've decided to go with his 3 gallon trunk mount kit, mostly because everything is packaged together and I like the braided hose upgrade also.

Very nice guy....after talking to him I'm sold on giving his system a try.

I talked to the owner here for about 45 minutes today. Turns our we have some common friends in the drag racing world and he's about to bring to market some diesel specific kits. His tank mounting options sound pretty cool.

I've decided to go with his 3 gallon trunk mount kit, mostly because everything is packaged together and I like the braided hose upgrade also.

I had one of their kits on my 24v. Worked great, good price and fantastic customer service.

See now I called the guys you suggested because that's all I had time to call after I got off work, but he spent about 30 min on the phone with me explaining every think he would need to do to make a system work specifically for me.

Now I still planed on calling these people and talking with them.. but this guy at alky controls made me feel like I was his only costomer and his top priority.

See now I called the guys you suggested because that's all I had time to call after I got off work, but he spent about 30 min on the phone with me explaining every think he would need to do to make a system work specifically for me.

Now I still planed on calling these people and talking with them.. but this guy at alky controls made me feel like I was his only costomer and his top priority.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. The deciding factor really for me was the tank/pump combo and my available space for mounting. I have a spot in my toolbox that's perfect for it next to my air compressor and tank. The 3 gallon tank is a bonus too...I won't have to refill the tank very often at all.

If it wasn't for that it would be a coin flip for which kit I'd personally buy.

Explain the accumulator.

An accumulator stores a large volume of fluid at operating pressure. It greatly reduces pump cycling and will nearly eliminate pressure spikes/drops from the solenoid(s) opening and the response delay as the pump powers on.

An accumulator stores a large volume of fluid at operating pressure. It greatly reduces pump cycling and will nearly eliminate pressure spikes/drops from the solenoid(s) opening and the response delay as the pump powers on.

Where's a good place to get an accumulator? We run them on our tractors but they're too heavy duty for this.

Where's a good place to get an accumulator? We run them on our tractors but they're too heavy duty for this.

I've been looking for a reasonably price high pressure accumulator too. The good one are pretty pricey. The reasonably priced ones are only good to about 200psi.

Currently I'm working on using a small (pony) aluminum scuba tank. It's light and pressure is not an issue, cheap too. Just it needs to be set vertically and needs a solenoid and pressure switches because it doesn't have a bladder.

I bought a 12V Fummins with a manual because I didn't like electronics. This is what I want to see. More electronics on the rats nest of wiring under my hood terrifies me...

Back