My first 12v manifold build

What did the manifold cost in total? I'm think about doing this now lol. And do you have any pictures inside the Ports. Id like to see how smooth they are

Sent from the Chodster

What did the manifold cost in total? I'm think about doing this now lol. And do you have any pictures inside the Ports. Id like to see how smooth they are

Sent from the Chodster

well i did the flanges at work out of scrape material so that was free and the pipe and fittings i think were around 100$. I did not take any pics of the inside but if you line the fittings up and do a really good job on coping the pipe its really smooth i did have to take a die grinder to make every thing smooth on some spots on the inside.

Any shots of how turbo flange and how did you go from round pipe to the oval/square shape of the T-flage?

Any shots of how turbo flange and how did you go from round pipe to the oval/square shape of the T-flage?

What I did is tack the spots That were good and then would take a punch and hammer and tap the pipe open to fit the flange I have a pic put I wasn't done opening the pipe
bebavygy.jpg

Did you had to fill a pretty large gap on the 12 valve shaped port? I'm building a manifold also but my such 40 fittings just barely cover, and there will have to be some filling done. I'll get a picture this weekend of what I'm trying to describe.

I like your external gate setup, it's quite different from the normal design!

Did you had to fill a pretty large gap on the 12 valve shaped port? I'm building a manifold also but my such 40 fittings just barely cover, and there will have to be some filling done. I'll get a picture this weekend of what I'm trying to describe.

I like your external gate setup, it's quite different from the normal design!

cant wait to see yours.

i think sch 10 is good i have not had any problems but im on a stock engine nothing built and im sure i dont see the egts that the heavily fueled trucks do.
i might start making them just the flanges are the hard thing getting done with us slammed at work kinda hard to slip them in haha wish i was on nights

cant wait to see yours.

You might have to wait awhile since I forgot to take pictures while I was home this weekend.

Back to my question though, did you have to fill some sizable gaps? I'm probably going to end up doing that and smoothing the transition out.

You might have to wait awhile since I forgot to take pictures while I was home this weekend.

Back to my question though, did you have to fill some sizable gaps? I'm probably going to end up doing that and smoothing the transition out.

no all my gaps were tight

Back