Halfton 12 valve mods.

Those are a set of Marine injectors I went through, they were a wet hot mess. I honestly do not recall if they were 14's or 16's, but I was not fond of them at all.

Those are a set of Marine injectors I went through, they were a wet hot mess. I honestly do not recall if they were 14's or 16's, but I was not fond of them at all.

Yes I recall you went through them fairly recently. I know Jordan said they were 5x.014. Let me know if you have a better set in mind for decent power and improved mileage.

My goal is to get 25mpg out of this truck on average. As it is it will pay itself off completely in about 3.5 years with just fuel savings alone compared to my 6.4 I was driving daily.

Last edited:
7 hole SAC. The more recent things I've heard on them were good. I'm going with a 5 hole just cause I got a damn good deal. A properly sized 7 hole will give more bottom end power but still keep up with a 5 hole up top.

Well Weston looks like I might need two sets from ya now lOL. Luckily I will have two sets to sell to help out.

I stand corrected again. Just read the add for my truck when it was for sale. Injectors are 5.016 that are in the truck.

I might recommend a 7-hole injector if I fell down and hit my head, hard.

I haven't run them, just did lots of research and the people that liked them loved them. From what I've found though, they'd be a great injector. What's your experience with 7holes

I haven't run them, just did lots of research and the people that liked them loved them. From what I've found though, they'd be a great injector. What's your experience with 7holes

Ran two sets, hate them, junk. Ran a set 7x.010 a couple years ago, didn't like them. But i figured id give some 7x.014 a try. Hate these ones even worse. They came from two different builders.
Sent from the recliner butt naked

For the most part I believe 7 hole injectors have a place in stock trucks looking for mpg. The 7x.010's i ran back to back at the strip with some plain Jane 5x.012's didn't make any more power. Made a little less actually.

I'm a 5 hole injector fan.

I got a half ton 12 valve ram a few months ago. Traded it for a Harley that collected dust for the most part. This truck is my daily driver/street toy/work truck. I have done a decent amount of work on it at night and on the weekends. Mostly fixing conversion issues that were not done, making it better suited for a daily driver, gauges and fuel economy mods.

Truck has a 12mm built pump, 5x018, 188/210, 64/71/13, built tranny, should be around 700 at the wheels. Convertor is very loose. Rear tires are 32", truck has no tach unfortunately.

Truck drives say 50 50 highway and city mostly due to in town driving and traffic going in and out of town daily. All tanks are averaged and filled from the same nozzle hand calculated.

Tank one 17mpg beat on it quite a bit. Got that out of my system.

Tank two 19 mpg still playing with it some, driving like I normally would. Backed timing from 20 to 17 to help with the shakes.

Changed from 373 gears to 318. 21 mpg (thought it would be better but have not done enough highway driving.

Made a winter cover out of big rig mud flaps 22mpg gets to operating temp quick.

Added a high, low beam floor switch (thanks bus) to activate od and lockup at the same time. (I am lazy) plus I figure lockup will be used more = better mileage. Also added 1 quart of synthetic 2 cycle fluid, have not finished this tank yet.........

Filled up today and got 21.5mpg lots and lots of city driving. Changes are above. I just bought a 195 degree stat to go in next. Need to figure out what coolant I will be running with it. Maybe engine ice..........

Next mods, 200 degree thermostat and ice 350 degree boiling point coolant. I will probably pull the convertor and tighten the stator a notch. Do a srt 10 front bumper cover for aerodynamics. Front cover and convertor might be a while all my change is going in the drag truck.

Any other suggestions?

For the most part I believe 7 hole injectors have a place in stock trucks looking for mpg. The 7x.010's i ran back to back at the strip with some plain Jane 5x.012's didn't make any more power. Made a little less actually.

I'm a 5 hole injector fan.

Glad I swapped around for these ddp4's then!

Back