Anybody blown out an intake plenum?

zachu812

Got my compounds all ready to go last Friday so I went and did some test launches, on the 3rd pull I lost boost and it didn’t sound like a blown boot. Looked around under the hood for a few minutes until I found this, has anyone seen that before? I was only making about 80psi when it gave out and I know there’s guys making way more boost on similar setups. Wondering if I should just run a good bead down the split and call it good or do I reinforce it while it’s apart?
77748BE6-5AEA-4FC0-B964-C5CCA0CB5812.jpg
924E133D-879F-4693-B2CF-374E352DAC0C.jpg

2mot6he.jpg

I ripped a plenum almost the same. Problem in my case was the engine flex from the stock motor mounts pulling on the horn, not the psi.
I went with solid aluminum slugs in the mounts.

I ripped a plenum almost the same. Problem in my case was the engine flex from the stock motor mounts pulling on the horn, not the psi.
I went with solid aluminum slugs in the mounts.

Never thought of that, I should look into some of those motor mount inserts. Did you do any reinforcing when the plenum went back together?

Never thought of that, I should look into some of those motor mount inserts. Did you do any reinforcing when the plenum went back together?

No, hasn't been a problem since.
You can also get rid of all your boots and just use bellows after solid mounts. Helped my truck in the 60ft also.

Back