Just bought a 200

Swamp Star

Go big or go home
Well kicked up a deal and had to load it up. This should make a good budget/ 1st tractor puller. Im new to bigger tractors so looking for pointers on this one and the do's and donts. Good places for parts and so on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
What kind of rules do you have? It's a 301 cube engine. It has a rotary pump now but if rules allow the 301 in some Gleaner combines had an in line sims pump. They run pretty good. Also power director will need to be addressed. They have a bad habit of failing in stock tractors.

What are you wanting to do with the tractor? Theres a few tricks that let you keep the power director, depending on what your wanting to do.

Nothing to major. Maybe small injectors and a little more air. I dont have the pocket book for hot farm.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject but what is the power director? Like i said im new to bigger tractors. The biggest thing i owned prior to this was a L3400 Kubota.

Nothing to major. Maybe small injectors and a little more air. I dont have the pocket book for hot farm.

Excuse my ignorance on the subject but what is the power director? Like i said im new to bigger tractors. The biggest thing i owned prior to this was a L3400 Kubota.

Power Director is the 2 speed shift you have on the right hand console. If your not going to give it a whole bunch of power, you can pump up the pressures that it uses and keep it. If you want a bunch of power though, its better to put a solid coupler in the trans and do away with it. Those little 301 engines can make decent power for what they are.

That sounds like something I will do. I will more than likely pull Farm Stock with it.

Do you have any specs on turning the pump up for now? I don't wanna get too deep into it right off.

Lets get some better pics. Don't let this one die. I'm thinking very seriously about picking up a tractor. Not sure what to start with though.

Lets get some better pics. Don't let this one die. I'm thinking very seriously about picking up a tractor. Not sure what to start with though.

What's your plans? I run Deere, farmall, Massey Ferguson, and Massey Harris. They all have their ups and downs

That sounds like something I will do. I will more than likely pull Farm Stock with it.

Do you have any specs on turning the pump up for now? I don't wanna get too deep into it right off.

Just take the top of the pump and you have to remove the linkage inside. That will let you down into the allen head screw to give it more fuel.

And just for thought, lots of people say orange wont run, but orange has won the points in our class 2 years in a row and look how young blood runs.

What's your plans? I run Deere, farmall, Massey Ferguson, and Massey Harris. They all have their ups and downs

Strictly pull or parade if its old enough. I'd like to run the other green honestly (Oliver). I'd run a farmall or international and Allis. Sadly I'm a sucker for later MM tractors. I also like white as well.

Just take the top of the pump and you have to remove the linkage inside. That will let you down into the allen head screw to give it more fuel.

And just for thought, lots of people say orange wont run, but orange has won the points in our class 2 years in a row and look how young blood runs.

Thank you sir. I will try and mess with it this week some.

I have a few pics on my phone. I had the 8" miter from my 350 just sitting here and the 5" that was on it was rotted so... I need to go get another 5" miter.

And I do love RED but this one was 1/2 the price and I love the styling on these AC's.

Here it is

0F5A08A9-C57C-4875-8569-8D2841A210D2-3669-000004AF269314A6.jpg

Strictly pull or parade if its old enough. I'd like to run the other green honestly (Oliver). I'd run a farmall or international and Allis. Sadly I'm a sucker for later MM tractors. I also like white as well.

In an Oliver I vote an 88. Just a little work and they will turn some rpms and flat out run.

Swamp star, I don't know how tracks are in your area but that style tire will not compete in our area. Just don't have the traction.

Back