'41 Plymouth + 12 valve

randizzle

Hey guys big lurker and read as much as I can. Y'all are awesome here

Just wanted to post about my current project.

'41 Plymouth 2 door sedan.
Frame is from a '76 d100 old navy truck
'90 12 valve - pump mods already done
727 tranny ....
4 link triangulated suspension in the back
Still need to order springs for the front (heavy pig) lol
Channeled around 8" and slammed as much as I could.

Let me know what you guys think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
Still need to fit the fenders so I can get the exhaust in the right spot. It should come out the fender just a little. Maybe a flapper with a 5" tip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Yea it's shoe horned in there pretty good. I tried to get the clutch fan off but it's a little hard to when there's no belt on. Anyone know which way to crank it off ?? I'd like to finish up the radiator mount.

I use a big pair of channel locks to hold the fan pulley tight and use the proper sized wrench on the nut. I made a custom wrench out of some 1/4" flat stock about 24" long. IIRC, the nut is 36mm or 39mm. Sometimes have to use a small, 8lbs. sledge on the wrench to break it loose.

Last edited:
^^^ thanks for the tip. Keep you guys updated.
Glad you guys like it. Got my wire harness the other day so that's the next thing to tackle after I mount the radiator. Not much left on the to-do list. Hope to have this thing running soon.

^ I know. I read a ton about the wiring on the motor and what was needed. Glad it's as simple as it is. That's why I love these fourms. So much info you can search and soooo many people that have the know how.

My friend that I got the motor is a HUGE cummins guy and knows his stuff too wich is good. I got a lot of other parts from Junkers he's got behind his shop. And he's just up the road from my house.

Thanks agin for the help guys. I will try to keep the pic coming too. Everyone love pics. Lol.
My friends twin turbo 3500. Thing is soooo sweet. Big money and huge power.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 0
Back