Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #1481
jlibert

Name: jlibert
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Jqmile had the last update in the thread with a 5.14 at 137 with a 1.21 60’. At this point the suspension setup was drastically different than what we had previously been using. We had also moved down to 28x10.5’s from a 29.5x10.5w. I got some help at the track from a friend of mine who had experience with small tires and he got me lined out on tire pressure and doing 4 wheel burnouts.

I went back to the track the next week with a little more power loaded up and some minor suspension tuning and went 5.05 at 139 and pulled off a 1.196 60’ on a weekday test n tune track. We were pretty happy with that and 4’s were right around the corner. I had a little tuning glitch and our last pass of the day was made on a burnout limiter tune instead of the 4 second tune.

I had one last track outing I could go to before the end of the year and it was in Bakersfield. I lined up for the burnout and felt something in the rack let loose. Moral of story, if you’re running an Alston rack, your life depends on a very flimsy snap ring. Terrible design. Cory Dow came up with a safe solution and got the rack fixed. Now it was time for my buddy Logan Yelton at Loganbuilt to run the truck back East and get us in the 4’s.

Covid hit and screwed up the racing schedule. Logan and I also took a stab at a converter that made our lives miserable. Towards the end of last year Logan found a converter that worked, and after some struggles with a u joint failure he finally nailed down a 4 second pass and went even deeper in the 60’ with a 1.17.

We pulled the Kingspeed engine out and sold it to a friend and are moving forward with an early solid Hamilton 6.7 block, wagler aluminum head, nova injectors, and more nitrous. We’re hoping to end up with 500 hp more than we had last year.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:51 PM   #1482
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
Jqmile had the last update in the thread with a 5.14 at 137 with a 1.21 60’. At this point the suspension setup was drastically different than what we had previously been using. We had also moved down to 28x10.5’s from a 29.5x10.5w. I got some help at the track from a friend of mine who had experience with small tires and he got me lined out on tire pressure and doing 4 wheel burnouts.

I went back to the track the next week with a little more power loaded up and some minor suspension tuning and went 5.05 at 139 and pulled off a 1.196 60’ on a weekday test n tune track. We were pretty happy with that and 4’s were right around the corner. I had a little tuning glitch and our last pass of the day was made on a burnout limiter tune instead of the 4 second tune.

I had one last track outing I could go to before the end of the year and it was in Bakersfield. I lined up for the burnout and felt something in the rack let loose. Moral of story, if you’re running an Alston rack, your life depends on a very flimsy snap ring. Terrible design. Cory Dow came up with a safe solution and got the rack fixed. Now it was time for my buddy Logan Yelton at Loganbuilt to run the truck back East and get us in the 4’s.

Covid hit and screwed up the racing schedule. Logan and I also took a stab at a converter that made our lives miserable. Towards the end of last year Logan found a converter that worked, and after some struggles with a u joint failure he finally nailed down a 4 second pass and went even deeper in the 60’ with a 1.17.

We pulled the Kingspeed engine out and sold it to a friend and are moving forward with an early solid Hamilton 6.7 block, wagler aluminum head, nova injectors, and more nitrous. We’re hoping to end up with 500 hp more than we had last year.

500 More? Holy sheet!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 01-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #1483
RMJ_LB7

Name: RMJ_LB7
Member`s Gallery
Rowdy. Miss watching this truck locally.

01 LB7 Duramax Single Cab Short Bed Project Truck - SOLD before finished.

02 CCSB LB7 Duramax - Tuned, lift pump, trans build coming shortly.

Instagram: rmj_lb7

Old 01-14-2021, 04:07 AM   #1484
Melting_pistons

Name: Melting_pistons
Member`s Gallery
So glad this thread is back alive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread