Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Extreme Engine Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #21
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfaylor View Post
Does the tractor world find it acceptable to have slightly crap parts that need finishing to use them or is it just the pickup world? There are some great manufacturers out there who sell perfect parts but far too often we have to do a lot of massaging to make others parts fit correctly and everybody we talk to act like it is just part of the game.

In general no, though I prefer to start with raw materials as often as possible and make parts the way I want them.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 05-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #22
Chevyguy15

Name: Chevyguy15
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I have a complete kit for sale

Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #23
fosterriley

Name: fosterriley
Title: Just wanna go fast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue24 View Post

The (recently released) wet comp block is rough cast (unfinished bores) around 3.840" bore. They have an 0.800" thicker deck built-into the block without changing the deck height meaning the wide part of the water jackets starts about 1.6" down from the deck surface, not 0.700" to 0.800" down from the deck surface like a factory 6.7 block. They come setup with 14mm mains, 14mm head stud holes, all (7) cam bushings, deleted steam port holes, 300mpa material (20% stronger than OEM), 0.080" thicker cylinder walls, 0.080" thicker block outer walls, and then to take it one step further..... Hamilton analyzed all the fracture/failure points on PDD's solid block explosion and they added material in the mid-section of the block at the cam tunnel line which is the weakest point on any cast block after the cylinder walls are beefed up. The water jacket floors were raised up to add rigidity and midsection strength, the oiling passages have revised angles/hole sizes to reduce stress points in the mid section of the block, the structural webs that run down the inside of the skirts and tie into the girdle are enlarged as well. This is the Fort Knox of wet blocks and designed for water cooled 2500 HP applications. These are selling fast and retail for $5900.

Finally there is the most budget friendly Upgraded 6.7 wet block. This is a factory replica 6.7 block with the following upgrades: 300mpa material (20% stronger than stock), 14mm mains and 14mm head stud holes, 7 cam bushings, and they come with a finished 4.015" bore size (5.9 standard bore). What this means is they are like a sleeved down 6.7 cummins block without the machine cost/sleeve cost so you can run a 5.9 bore piston, 4.125" custom piston which is common for the 6.4L "budget builds/poor man's deckplate replacement" etc, or bore it out to a standard 6.7L. This block is designed for 1800 HP with the small bore size and might even do 2000HP or better on a high RPM, low torque setup with the smaller 4.015" bore size. It still has the proper deck height for the 6.7 crank so you still end up with 6.1L engine setup even with the small bore size. These blocks retail for $2900.

My shameless plug....Power Driven Diesel is a master distributor for Hamilton Cams so if you don't buy direct from Hamilton, give us a call, we have a few of these blocks in-stock!
When looking into their new Wet comp block how are you guys getting around or handling the fact the coolant ports don't go all the way through to the cylinder head? Seems like this would kill any potential of using this block as a street block at all.

Would it be better to go with the Upgraded 6.7/5.9 block and sleeve it to a 6.7 to avoid this cylinder wall issues?

Old 10-24-2019, 09:05 PM   #24
ChrisG88

Name: ChrisG88
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterriley View Post
When looking into their new Wet comp block how are you guys getting around or handling the fact the coolant ports don't go all the way through to the cylinder head? Seems like this would kill any potential of using this block as a street block at all.

Would it be better to go with the Upgraded 6.7/5.9 block and sleeve it to a 6.7 to avoid this cylinder wall issues?
Riley I'm bringing this back because I'd like to hear some opinions to this question.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
400% Exergy
2x 12mm Exergy
Nitrous Express
Goerend Transmission
Firepunk Diesel
D&J Precision

Old 10-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #25
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
To deckplate or not to deckplate?

I believe the deck plate combo is stronger then aftermarket blocks. We have seen failures in aftermarket blocks where deck plate stuff lives. I highly suggest d&j enforcer engines. It’s that or billet water block in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 10-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #26
thinair

Name: thinair
Title: Not Enough time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterriley View Post
When looking into their new Wet comp block how are you guys getting around or handling the fact the coolant ports don't go all the way through to the cylinder head?

What do you mean the coolant ports don't go all the way through to the cylinder head? I was just looking at one up close last night and they were very close to oem besides the thickness of the deck....

94 12v. NV4500 Valair twin disc, Seth stage 4, DDP 5x14, 024 dv. Fass 260. T4 ATS. 362sxe. 150 ii springs.

2012 3500 CCSB. Thuren 2.5 kings, DT Profab radius arms. Carli LT Airbags/Sway Bar

Closed Thread