6.7 daily/dyno contest what turbo

I’ll tell you how 15k feels like this weekend with an air moving 6.7

What size turbins and housing are you using? Is it the cast wheel or FMW? Can't wait to see how it goes.

Since nobody has recommended it, is the 369sxe craze over?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've thought about it, but this being my daily driver, I want the reliability of an s400. Also it might be a little overkill for my build, Ive seen charts over 900hp with it.

What size turbins and housing are you using? Is it the cast wheel or FMW? Can't wait to see how it goes.

I've thought about it, but this being my daily driver, I want the reliability of an s400. Also it might be a little overkill for my build, Ive seen charts over 900hp with it.

Then why not the sxe366? Damn good turbo for the price, and meets all your needs.

Then why not the sxe366? Damn good turbo for the price, and meets all your needs.

Again, I want the little extra reliability of s400.
I plan on abusing the crap out of it at dyno competitions making 800hp+, maybe more eventually, and driving it several hours every day, and pulling 20k+ sometimes.
S300s are out.

Why go for a 66mm over a 67.7? Same exhaust side, almost same spool, but 467 has a map closer to the daily driver and dyno numbers I want. Pros and Cons of s466 vs s467.7?

I'm running a cast wheel 472/83/1.0 on my p24 truck and it does surprisingly well, given the added displacement you have and being a common rail I could see the street manners being even better. I just can't see a 467 hitting your goal smoke free on fuel only, might as well give yourself some overhead, with the same turbine a 472 shouldn't come up that much slower. If you're going with an 83mm turbine I wouldn't go smaller than a 1.0 housing.

I'm running a cast wheel 472/83/1.0 on my p24 truck and it does surprisingly well, given the added displacement you have and being a common rail I could see the street manners being even better. I just can't see a 467 hitting your goal smoke free on fuel only, might as well give yourself some overhead, with the same turbine a 472 shouldn't come up that much slower. If you're going with an 83mm turbine I wouldn't go smaller than a 1.0 housing.

How would the 472 do towing 20k with a tight converter?
I'm worried about it lighting too fast with a trailer or when passing on the highway.

What about using a wastegate with a .90 housing to keep spool and top end just for dynos?

How would the 472 do towing 20k with a tight converter?
I'm worried about it lighting too fast with a trailer or when passing on the highway.

What about using a wastegate with a .90 housing to keep spool and top end just for dynos?

Not really sure you know what you want bro!

The bigger the turbo the slower the light... when towing I have to keep my shift points on the column higher so I don’t snuff the turbo out.

Lol, I know. I said what I did because the 472 is ALOT more off/on then the 467.

I liked the 472/83/1.0, but on that setup with the old 100hp nozzles and efi it wanted to boost at 2300rpm. That was when the truck weighed about 12.5k.

Not to mention the bark that could happen.

Lol, I know. I said what I did because the 472 is ALOT more off/on then the 467.

I liked the 472/83/1.0, but on that setup with the old 100hp nozzles and efi it wanted to boost at 2300rpm. That was when the truck weighed about 12.5k.

My bad quoted the wrong person

Are you referring to an SXE S472? I'm talking about an SX3 cast wheel and it's not at all an off/on charger, bark isn't terrible unless you catch the o/d shift at a weird time but with a 68rfe that might not be an issue.

To the OP, towing 20K and being able to hit 800hp fuel only with a single charger is gonna take some compromises on one end or the other. Only tow heavy a couple times a year? Get the bigger charger and shift higher while towing. Towing is a priority? Get an S467 with a tight housing and deal with a little more smoke on the big power tune.

The S472 I'm referring to only has another 5mm on the exducer of the comp compared to an S467, I don't think it's gonna be THAT big of a difference personally.

Not really sure you know what you want bro!

I wouldn't have made this thread if I did. Thanks for the echo though.

Someone has a 472 and says its very streetable... I can be curious how it would do in a setup like to mine. Doesn't mean I'm leaning towards it. But who knows, I ran my Dmax with a single s475 for a while and it did close to what I'm hoping for out of this new truck.

Are you referring to an SXE S472? I'm talking about an SX3 cast wheel and it's not at all an off/on charger, bark isn't terrible unless you catch the o/d shift at a weird time but with a 68rfe that might not be an issue.

To the OP, towing 20K and being able to hit 800hp fuel only with a single charger is gonna take some compromises on one end or the other. Only tow heavy a couple times a year? Get the bigger charger and shift higher while towing. Towing is a priority? Get an S467 with a tight housing and deal with a little more smoke on the big power tune.

The S472 I'm referring to only has another 5mm on the exducer of the comp compared to an S467, I don't think it's gonna be THAT big of a difference personally.

Thanks for the specifics. Towing isn't a huge priority, but it's still more important than cleaning up the smoke on the rollers. 467 still seems like the better option.

Also no one really said anything about wastegating for drive pressure. I fiddled with it on my Dmax and it helped a little, never checked hp numbers back to back though.

Would it be worth while to get the smaller housing and a wastegate? Or would the spool difference not be noticable enough to justify the price and maintenance?

Give Chris a call At Silver Bullet. I run one of his 465 builds and it's cleaner than a 467 and pulls hard Anything bigger than that towing heavy will be a pig. I tow 25k on a regular basis With a 6.7 and a 48re. I wouldn't push high HP thru A 68! I don't run a wastegate!

Give Chris a call At Silver Bullet. I run one of his 465 builds and it's cleaner than a 467 and pulls hard Anything bigger than that towing heavy will be a pig. I tow 25k on a regular basis With a 6.7 and a 48re. I wouldn't push high HP thru A 68! I don't run a wastegate!

Clearly you haven't been around many good tuned 6.7s.

OP, don't waste your money on a 464. This was a stupid fad pushing cheap a$$ turbos from Borg, slapping a billet wheel in it and charging double because it had a sticker on it.

I've always heard the opposite about 5 blade, but I'm not turbo guru.

You have probably always heard this because it is true, less main blades are more efficient at higher rotor speeds, therefore on the same given engine it would produce a greater power potential higher in the RPM range.

That being said the blade count is not a huge factor in overall power, there are a few factors that do have a large impact, but none of which I have seen discussed.

I've heard good about Silver Bullet 465, but is that just a billet blade 64 or a feasible option for me. Is the compressor wheight and turbine OD much different than a 66 or 67?

I have a Suncoast dealer only 90 miles away, and I'm looking at an 800hp unit, since any 800hp+ will only be used on the rollers, so I'm not worried about my 68rfe holding up

Clearly you haven't been around many good tuned 6.7s.

OP, don't waste your money on a 464. This was a stupid fad pushing cheap a$$ turbos from Borg, slapping a billet wheel in it and charging double because it had a sticker on it.

No I haven't been around any tuned 6.7s at all, other than the occasional 500-600hp ones that show up to the Dyno contests for fun. I am taking your advice into count, but without my own personal experience or a wider sample size, forgive me if I'm don't jump right on your ideas at first. But they are being weighed.

You have probably always heard this because it is true, less main blades are more efficient at higher rotor speeds, therefore on the same given engine it would produce a greater power potential higher in the RPM range.

That being said the blade count is not a huge factor in overall power, there are a few factors that do have a large impact, but none of which I have seen discussed.

I figured. I might as well focus on turbo sizes and specs before worrying about something as arbitrary as wheel designs.

Last edited:
Back