fuel cell in 2.6/2.8 class

smokin24v

was wanting to put a fuel cell in my truck but didn't know what some of the rules were in that area? i've read the rules for ts and schieds and i know they say stock fuel tank but im not goin to be pullin in any events like that.... mainly pullin in the nebraska area goin into Colarado and Mo some...

if any one knows where i can find some rules for some of those pulling organizations in those areas that woudl be great.... i've talked to a organization in Co and they said fuel cell is legal and having trouble gettin ahold of any one for nebraska power pullers...

thanx for any help

its legal on the street so i think its bull that it is not legal in some organizations for the 2.6 street diesel class.

I ran one, as stated it is legal on the street. Fuel cells are more safe than tanks anyway and safety is what it is all about :rockwoot:.
Brandon

Just put the fuel cell under the bed where the tank was. I ran a 12 gallon one under there last year, no one looked. Its not like you get an extra 100 hp from one. I just cut a small sqaure out in my bed that i pop off to fill it.

He didn't ask if anyone running a cell has been caught. He asked about the rule. And like stated before most any association has this rule "no fuel cells" NADM, TS, NHRDA, Scheid and many of the local ones that base there rules off of these.

He didn't ask if anyone running a cell has been caught. He asked about the rule. And like stated before most any association has this rule "no fuel cells" NADM, TS, NHRDA, Scheid and many of the local ones that base there rules off of these.

Apparently you can't read the NADM rulebook. It says nothing of fuel cells in 2.6 and 2.8.

TS/Scheid are the ones pushing that goofy rule.

whats there reasoning for pushing somethin like that? a saftey thing?

I would say some have used safety as a basis for their decision. The issue usually isn't whether or not a fuel cell is safer (it is), the issue stems from poor installation and/or perceptions of why one is needed.

I have seen poorly installed fuel cells and they are actually more of a fire hazzard than the stock tank (lines routed through sheet metal with no grommets/insulation, etc).

It's one less thing to have to tech for many organizations....

Back