Dual disc

jonjohnson

How streetable are the sintered iron discs ? With a 4200 lb pressure plate in an nv-4500

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

no need fo the 4200 but i love my 3600 sintered iron.
what do you plan to do with the truck.

Mine is a lever type pressure plate.
I love it, took some getting used to the solid center though.

Mine is a lever type pressure plate.
I love it, took some getting used to the solid center though.

Mine is also. Mine was originally a 3850 ceramic button years ago, but I had Peter go through it and convert it to Sintered Iron at the first of the year to go along with my engine rebuild for my 97. I have since decided to get out of sled pulling and put the truck back on the street was just wondering how they handle. So far everything I've heard has been great, can't say I'm surprised I've had nothing but great experiences with South Bend.

I daily drive with one in my 6speed..not bad you get use to it I guess... backing up a trailer stinks, but it is doable.

they are great, dont get me wrong there is alot of pedel pressure but thats nothing big.
The biggest complaint is leaving a light with out a jolt or revving to 2k(not a personal complaint). i have close to 15k on mine so i am getting the hang of it.
i would have to agree the guys up there are great not a bad thing to say about them

I daily drive with one in my 6speed..not bad you get use to it I guess... backing up a trailer stinks, but it is doable.

I have a posi-lok cable so 2Low is a BEAUTIFUL thing! :D

they are great, dont get me wrong there is alot of pedel pressure but thats nothing big.
The biggest complaint is leaving a light with out a jolt or revving to 2k(not a personal complaint). i have close to 15k on mine so i am getting the hang of it.
i would have to agree the guys up there are great not a bad thing to say about them

Well I daily drove mine for several years with that 3850 ceramic so I'm sure I'll get used to it again. I drive a Sterling 9500 straight truck at work so a heavy clutch isn't a issue to me. LOL

Yeah Peter and Mansil(sp?) are awesome! :rockwoot:

i agree man it really is just preference.
I hope that someone can make these things shift faster now! hahah

Sorry it took so long to get back , its a lever style pressure plate. I bought the Clutch about 3 years ago and was just considering upgrading to the sintered iron. Oh its gonna get sled pulled a lot this coming year

Sorry it took so long to get back , its a lever style pressure plate. I bought the Clutch about 3 years ago and was just considering upgrading to the sintered iron. Oh its gonna get sled pulled a lot this coming year

Sintered iron is the way to go for clutch material.
but that 4200 pressure plate you will need to hulk out on ur leg when sitting in traffic. Also it being a dual disc its gonna be rough street driving with them solid hubs.

Thanks for the info , looks like ill b upgrading soon. When I first bought it I got a 3850 , but had an issue with it and ended up with the 4200.

Back