Tube Chassis Build

Nice work!

I know how it feels to build a frame and everything yourself! Took my son and I 4months straight to make our chrome moly tube frame then another 2 months just to bolt everything onto it. Missed half of one season but it was all worth it. The chassis was set up to be equal to any NTPA truck. We have changed engines three times now upgrading in power and the chassis always held it. One thing that didn't hold was the 106 in the rear when we got into the 1200hp range.

What is your wheel base? NTPA rules state 131in if my memory is right for the N/A mod class.

Good idea going without the lift body! Saves a lot of weight. We did the same thing.

I wouldn't worry about the ratios. The NTPA boys run anything from 6:18-6:20, 6:20-6:83, and for myself 6:80,6:83. With those ratios your broken yoke problems just go away.

How much weight do you think you will be able to hang over the nose?

Did you ever weigh your rear 106?

One word of advice is to get a new set of Cepeks or Pitbulls. I think from one of the pics I saw you are running old style cut cepeks. They will never bite like a new set. Also 99% of the big NTPA trucks run Pitbulls in the rear and its a fight over which is better in the front.

Keep up the good work!!

Diablo

4x4_2.jpg

Back