Gator diesel drags ever gonna happen again?

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Will the nhrda ever host events in Gainesville fl and Cecil ga last one was 4-5 years ago in southeast

Really doubt that will happen again. I wonder if they will last at all, events get fewer and fewer, turnouts get smaller and smaller. Even the best events are losing racers and spectators.

It rained out the last two events at Gainesville, I seem to remeber they had a good crowd even with the guaranteed chit forecast on the last race. We all paid entry and rained out about an hour later, got a rain day pass still for the race next year, ha.

It rained out the last two events at Gainesville, I seem to remeber they had a good crowd even with the guaranteed chit forecast on the last race. We all paid entry and rained out about an hour later, got a rain day pass still for the race next year, ha.

Yep, that is Gainesville. There used to be a summer time Fun Ford race there that would rain 2-3 times a day. That is Florida summer time for you.

Hopefully something will come to the southeast there are gas events everywhere I'm a diesel guy and dont really care to go to events if there are no diesels present and competing you know.

Get some of your diesel buddies and go race with the gassers. Talk to you local track and if there is enough interest talk to them about including a diesel class. The biggest problem most tracks have with diesels is they break a lot and cause oil downs. Some don't clean the mud and dirt off enough and the all weather tires tear up the starting line. If you race on a tire like Proxes that doesn't happen.

That's the problem I'm in the wrong part of the country for sled pulling drag racing is nice to watch but I prefer pulling. I will watch all three where ever dyno drag and pulling just never seems to be much interest in diesel where I'm from the fad came and went like a light switch

Back