Trying to find lugs that fit

Cozze44

Junkman
I had just got a set of new Pro-Comp wheels in which the lug bores are too skinny for oem lugs, however the caps hit aftermarket lugs, which all seem to be 2" long. Other then chopping down a set of aftermarket lugs, does anyone know of a smaller diameter lug with an open end or shorter?

Honestly when looking at something as critical as lug nuts I'd suggest going with a high quality manufacturer/vendor!!!

Call the wheel manufacturer and get there recommendation, or a solid recommendation from a local tire shop or one of the national chains like Discount Tire Co, that sells and installs a lot of aftermarket wheels.

Lug nuts that "look" like they fit properly can come loose with tragic consequences.

If if you do not purchase directly from source, you can still find a good deal online, but make sure you have the right lug nut for your application.

I highly suggest Gorilla Lug nuts and locks. They likely have a set of spline drive nuts that will work for you.

I hope this helps. No matter what BE SAFE!!!

Also retorque your lug nuts after 50-100 miles of driving any time you change a wheel.

Honestly when looking at something as critical as lug nuts I'd suggest going with a high quality manufacturer/vendor!!!

Call the wheel manufacturer and get there recommendation, or a solid recommendation from a local tire shop or one of the national chains like Discount Tire Co, that sells and installs a lot of aftermarket wheels.

Lug nuts that "look" like they fit properly can come loose with tragic consequences.

If if you do not purchase directly from source, you can still find a good deal online, but make sure you have the right lug nut for your application.

I highly suggest Gorilla Lug nuts and locks. They likely have a set of spline drive nuts that will work for you.

I hope this helps. No matter what BE SAFE!!!

Also retorque your lug nuts after 50-100 miles of driving any time you change a wheel.

Never heard of Gorilla but you are for sure right they have a nice set on there. Going to price them out. I don't want to spend anymore then I need to only because they will be covered anyway, but I'd presume almost any steel lug will do fine, considering we run aluminum on our race cars under tremendous loads with no failures whatsoever.

I'm not sure when Gorilla started, but I have been using them for around 30 years on my vehicles!!! They make great lug nuts and their key systems are strong enough to fully torque. I have the full lock set with EVERY lug being a keyed lock on my Duramax and had the lock set and spline drive non-keyed remaining on our VW Jetta TDI. When I get around to doing wheels and tires on our Cruze Diesel I will do their locks on it as well.

Very high quality stuff for sure, not at all the cheapest, but frankly I don't mind spending more on critical parts like lug nuts, tires and wheels!!!

As far as steel lugs, most are good, the critical point is the size and shape of the mating surfaces. If they do not match properly they will loosen...

Back