Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
05_LLY

Name: 05_LLY
Title: Hi Im earth, have we met?
Member`s Gallery
Im no good at smack talk.......Corrie on the other hand says shes takin everyone down next year!!!!

JK....She didnt really say that, i just wanted to be included in the thread!!! carry on!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #42
lnimmo77

Name: lnimmo77
Title: Search never works
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Not sure. Heard through the grapevine that FPP might be back a L-Co, so we'll have to see how that plays out.
Not sure the grapevine you're listening to, but I've talked to numerous board members that were pleased with Power Pulling Productions. They did a good job last year, and people seem to like to pull for them. Not to mention they have these random 2 hot chicks that work for them.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
So I'd give you a point over Pocket here.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #43
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnimmo77 View Post
Not sure the grapevine you're listening to, but I've talked to numerous board members that were pleased with Power Pulling Productions. They did a good job last year, and people seem to like to pull for them. Not to mention they have these random 2 hot chicks that work for them.
If they want a more or less local streety class, PPP is OK for that. The winner went 266'....so if you like seeing 30 some trucks behind that mark, I guess you're good to go.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #44
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
If they want a more or less local streety class, PPP is OK for that. The winner went 266'....so if you like seeing 30 some trucks behind that mark, I guess you're good to go.
That mark was mismanagement of the sled.... At hookstown there were another 45 trucks there and the winning distance was a full pull. They also have a modified diesel class, which is pretty much RWYB.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #45
TrailerproPop

Name: TrailerproPop
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
That mark was mismanagement of the sled.... At hookstown there were another 45 trucks there and the winning distance was a full pull. They also have a modified diesel class, which is pretty much RWYB.
Great payouts at Hookstown also!!

If they think 45 street trucks bring in a crowd, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to them about.
I guess there was some profit there someplace, 20% of the entry fees paid the whole purse. Have at it boys, I won't be there in 2011.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #46
TheBigDeOGE

Name: TheBigDeOGE
Title: If you aint 1st..ure LAST
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH TECH RAM View Post
Vp trucks will still be turds
wats that sopose to mean? i beat a bunch of p pumps last year.....

Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #47
SledPuller21

Name: SledPuller21
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Phuckin 2.6 class just burns motors up...
2013 USA-East Open 2.6 points champion
Apex Diesel Performance & Machine

Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #48
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledPuller21 View Post
How can you say no? When you limit air with no direct water injection, you're left with fueling as the on true variable for power... Sure you can do things that are ultra expensive as far as pistons, etc. I don't understand how you think the top 5 trucks in this class aren't pegging the pyro and praying to god things hold together. There's at least a truck a year in 2.6 that melts a piston. That class is brutal on trucks.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #49
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerproPop View Post
Great payouts at Hookstown also!!

If they think 45 street trucks bring in a crowd, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to them about.
I guess there was some profit there someplace, 20% of the entry fees paid the whole purse. Have at it boys, I won't be there in 2011.
Yeah, I don't know what they gave for your class, but I'm sure you're right. I honestly never pulled in a street class worrying about the purse, I just want to compete. Sort of like poker night with your friends. I don't get pissed off I lost money, I get pissed I got beat.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #50
TrailerproPop

Name: TrailerproPop
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what they gave for your class, but I'm sure you're right. I honestly never pulled in a street class worrying about the purse, I just want to compete. Sort of like poker night with your friends. I don't get pissed off I lost money, I get pissed I got beat.

It was $110 to win and dropped like a brick from there. I understand the need for street driven truck classes. No 1, it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and No 2, where else would the fools in the upper classes get their recruits.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #51
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
You guys are funny.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #52
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerproPop View Post
It was $110 to win and dropped like a brick from there. I understand the need for street driven truck classes. No 1, it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and No 2, where else would the fools in the upper classes get their recruits.
Agreed
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #53
TheBigDeOGE

Member`s Gallery
around here (NC) all the 2.6 trucks are street legal. anything up from that is in the 2.8 class. we had a delima for a while about "street trucks" but basically said if you cant drive it on rd then move up. and we also have a few twin trucks that pull but you cant stick them in 2.6 cuz they will win. so we made a hot street for them but they also had to be streetable. now were just adding them to the 2.8 because why make a whole class just for 3 trucks? but i can see on both sides of 2.6. some people build trailer queens. mine is one. i could drive on rd but i choose not to. i will stick with 2.8 so idont have to here people B*^#h about it. its a battle that will never be fixed in 2.6 but o well. i'm not in it. my .02$

Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #54
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDeOGE View Post
around here (NC) all the 2.6 trucks are street legal. anything up from that is in the 2.8 class. we had a delima for a while about "street trucks" but basically said if you cant drive it on rd then move up. and we also have a few twin trucks that pull but you cant stick them in 2.6 cuz they will win. so we made a hot street for them but they also had to be streetable. now were just adding them to the 2.8 because why make a whole class just for 3 trucks? but i can see on both sides of 2.6. some people build trailer queens. mine is one. i could drive on rd but i choose not to. i will stick with 2.8 so idont have to here people B*^#h about it. its a battle that will never be fixed in 2.6 but o well. i'm not in it. my .02$
Yeah, personally I don't give a chit what someone else does. I've said it a thousand times if someone with over 15k in their mods wants to pull for $100 good for him.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #55
TheBigDeOGE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, personally I don't give a chit what someone else does. I've said it a thousand times if someone with over 15k in their mods wants to pull for $100 good for him.
exactly!!!!!!!!!! thats why i pull 2.8....more $

Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #56
OrangeNV

Name: OrangeNV
Title: BISH please
Member`s Gallery
anybody who builds a 4 wheel vehicle for dirt sports that even thinks for a second about payouts is sadly mistaken.......

my opinion is for all these people runnin their mouth either arent having fun.......or arent good enough to win and that makes them not sleep at night

the people not winning need to go home and sort out their truck, instead they go home and sort out which thread to bash someone in
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Nothing is quite as exciting as bare-backing a ginger crack wh0re that is famous.
MUMAU
RAM BOYZ
KEYSTONE
MANNING

Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #57
lnimmo77

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNV View Post
anybody who builds a 4 wheel vehicle for dirt sports that even thinks for a second about payouts is sadly mistaken.......

my opinion is for all these people runnin their mouth either arent having fun.......or arent good enough to win and that makes them not sleep at night

the people not winning need to go home and sort out their truck, instead they go home and sort out which thread to bash someone in
Lol, I agree but prepare to be quoted.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:

Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #58
OrangeNV

Name: OrangeNV
Title: BISH please
Member`s Gallery
why? those who would quote me would just be an admission of guilt

i see it all too much at the dirt track, there are racers who take their beating and go back to the shop and work on their car to make it faster

then there are racers who take their beating and then bash the winners all over race forums and make false claims about them because they are sore losers who either arent smart enough or arent good enough to beat them.

thats why i dont have the competitive spirit. because no matter how good you are even if you followed all the rules - if you win there is gonna be that jackwagon in the back who's ego you bruised and he is gonna flap his mouth.....
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Nothing is quite as exciting as bare-backing a ginger crack wh0re that is famous.
MUMAU
RAM BOYZ
KEYSTONE
MANNING

Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #59
SledPuller21

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNV View Post
anybody who builds a 4 wheel vehicle for dirt sports that even thinks for a second about payouts is sadly mistaken...
I do...those payouts help pay for fuel to get there. I won 1500 last summer, which damn near covered my fuel bill. But I understand what your sayin, I don't pull for the money.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #60
SledPuller21

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How can you say no? When you limit air with no direct water injection, you're left with fueling as the on true variable for power... Sure you can do things that are ultra expensive as far as pistons, etc. I don't understand how you think the top 5 trucks in this class aren't pegging the pyro and praying to god things hold together. There's at least a truck a year in 2.6 that melts a piston. That class is brutal on trucks.
A truck a year is still very conservative imo. I'm just say 2.8 and 3.0 is harder on motors, and drivelines to boot.

Closed Thread