Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

View Poll Results: Mid Atlantic pulling Ass. mod class what should it be
2.8 single OEM drivline 25 49.02%
3.0 single oem drivline 5 9.80%
3.0/twin oem driveline 5 9.80%
3.0/unlimited single/ 3.2 twin any driveline 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
HOLDERDOWN

Name: HOLDERDOWN
Title: Ski Bum
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM06590 View Post
Yeah I saw that one too, rules out all standard trans trucks lol. I won't be able to pull with suspension travel if the rule sticks. I'd like to see workstock, 2.6 and 3.0/open like the rest of the associations. It's time we caught up.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #22
Got Milk?

Name: Got Milk?
Title: One hook at a time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I saw that one too, rules out all standard trans trucks lol. I won't be able to pull with suspension travel if the rule sticks. I'd like to see workstock, 2.6 and 3.0/open like the rest of the associations. It's time we caught up.
We would love to do that, IF we could fill the classes.

Everyone remember this association is just starting out and it takes funding, sponsors, Participating members, and crowds to make it grow. If we can start somewhere and have support it has endless potential.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #23
Got Milk?

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I saw that one too, rules out all standard trans trucks lol.
I said the same thing, and I was told that they ment you cant sit on the line and spool like I do or an auto truck with a large charger. I replied to them the only way to govern this rule is with a set time limt(10,15 sec). But I dont see this rule staying.

The rules are still being perfected and some changes might be made as the pulling season approaches

Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #24
bigmotorsports1

Name: bigmotorsports1
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
they are going to have to decide if they are going to have protrusion in the 2.6. its gonna make a huge difference who shows up for what class, keep in mind you will have 3.0 and down turbos pulling in the 2.6 if you do protrusion, 3.0+ turbos pulling in 2.6 if you dont. big power difference there opening up room for alot of b*tching for people that cant hang. wont be in any of the meetings but would like to see our area keep pulling trucks.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #25
Got Milk?

Member`s Gallery
we will only have a stock and Mod diesel classes for now. I would like to hear what everyone would prefer for the mod class so we can set some rules in stone. the goal is to keep intrest in both the "big boys" and the new blood in the pulling world. if we make it a class where it takes 1,500+ hp and $30,000 motors just to get somewhere then no one will want to join. I personally would like it to be a 2.8, where it wont take a morgage to make a truck to compete

this part of the country is still "behind the times" and we cant just make the jump all at once. If that makes any sense.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #26
94 12valve

Name: 94 12valve
Title: Kingpin
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmotorsports1 View Post
they are going to have to decide if they are going to have protrusion in the 2.6. its gonna make a huge difference who shows up for what class, keep in mind you will have 3.0 and down turbos pulling in the 2.6 if you do protrusion, 3.0+ turbos pulling in 2.6 if you dont. big power difference there opening up room for alot of b*tching for people that cant hang. wont be in any of the meetings but would like to see our area keep pulling trucks.
IMO I would like to see the 2.6 stay away from protrusion chargers, I think more pullers would show up for that class. Also we can see if other events keep protrusion rule next year or if they find its not worth the hassle of teching to shave 50 or so HP from a non protrusion charger.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #27
94 12valve

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
we will only have a stock and Mod diesel classes for now. I would like to hear what everyone would prefer for the mod class so we can set some rules in stone. the goal is to keep intrest in both the "big boys" and the new blood in the pulling world. if we make it a class where it takes 1,500+ hp and $30,000 motors just to get somewhere then no one will want to join. I personally would like it to be a 2.8, where it wont take a morgage to make a truck to compete

this part of the country is still "behind the times" and we cant just make the jump all at once. If that makes any sense.
2.8 was the rule last year at all these pulls and I thought we had a good turn out. Like you said earlier its the first year keep the rules kinda open to try and draw in some more trucks, then get fancy next year or the following year

Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #28
Got Milk?

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 12valve View Post
2.8 was the rule last year at all these pulls and I thought we had a good turn out. Like you said earlier its the first year keep the rules kinda open to try and draw in some more trucks, then get fancy next year or the following year
Thanks Dave, thats my thinking. I just dont know if they are going to try 2.8 or keep it the way they have it now.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #29
RJM06590

Name: RJM06590
Title: What to do
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 12valve View Post
I agree, a workstock class and 2.8 would be great for now. It's what were used to so it will work for a while, but we need to decide which rules stay and go. The suspension one needs to change as well as the spooling aforementioned. I like the safety rules, guess I'll need to add a blanket or shield to my list lol. Open hitch or reese style?

93 Ford F250 plow truck
Click the image to open in full size.<Theoretic Designs! Thank you!
http://robsdiesel.com/

Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #30
94 12valve

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I agree, a workstock class and 2.8 would be great for now. It's what were used to so it will work for a while, but we need to decide which rules stay and go. The suspension one needs to change as well as the spooling aforementioned. I like the safety rules, guess I'll need to add a blanket or shield to my list lol. Open hitch or reese style?
thought the spooling thing was only for the stock class?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #31
Got Milk?

Member`s Gallery
most places have 1" travel rule no big deal.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
nborga87

Name: nborga87
Title: Poor Boy Puller
Member`s Gallery
i agree with you guys. I would like to see the modified class stay at a 2.8 limit. I know its behind times compared to the rest of the country but like you guys said we are a few years behind. As this pullin organization grows in the next couple years hopefully it can progress to a point where the rest of the country is.

I also dont like the no spooling rule that just plain dumb. the stock class's main rule should be STOCK TURBO. No cheeta s no stock appearing crap. non of that stuff. And than the basic stuff like no front hanging weights and 1" of rear suspension travel.

As for the modified class I think you shouldnt have to have any suspension travel. thats one i was concerned about because i saw in the rules you had to have an 1" even in that class.
Team All Hooked Up
Mid-Atlantic Pulling Association

Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #33
RJM06590

Name: RJM06590
Title: What to do
Member`s Gallery
Mine will be welded in, I'll pull exhibition if needed, but 1" travel=breakage.

93 Ford F250 plow truck
Click the image to open in full size.<Theoretic Designs! Thank you!
http://robsdiesel.com/

Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #34
94 12valve

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Mine will be welded in, I'll pull exhibition if needed, but 1" travel=breakage.
All depends on the set up

Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #35
nborga87

Name: nborga87
Title: Poor Boy Puller
Member`s Gallery
not trying to sound like an a-hole but in my opinion 1" of travel in the modified class is a bunch of crap
Team All Hooked Up
Mid-Atlantic Pulling Association

Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #36
Shawdrainage

Name: Shawdrainage
Title: Shaw
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
most places have 1" travel rule no big deal.
make sure you put in the rules 1" travel and not 1" clearance. I ran into that at a couple pulls with my gas truck. I have 2in of rubber that gave me the travel. Other pullers wanted a 1" of clearence between the axle and stops.

Clearing that up in the rules would make for easier driver's meetings at every pull

Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #37
94 12valve

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nborga87 View Post
not trying to sound like an a-hole but in my opinion 1" of travel in the modified class is a bunch of crap
I don't think your sounding like an a hole, throwing ideas around was the whole point of this thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #38
maddogg1019

Name: maddogg1019
Title: LBZ addict
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nborga87 View Post
i agree with you guys. I would like to see the modified class stay at a 2.8 limit. I know its behind times compared to the rest of the country but like you guys said we are a few years behind. As this pullin organization grows in the next couple years hopefully it can progress to a point where the rest of the country is.

I also dont like the no spooling rule that just plain dumb. the stock class's main rule should be STOCK TURBO. No cheeta s no stock appearing crap. non of that stuff. And than the basic stuff like no front hanging weights and 1" of rear suspension travel.

As for the modified class I think you shouldnt have to have any suspension travel. thats one i was concerned about because i saw in the rules you had to have an 1" even in that class.
agreed

2006 chevy 2500 LBZ ec sb "Nightmare"-EFI live from mcrat, AFE stage 2 ,6" stack, built trans., PPE lift pump
12.76@106

2007, 2009 and 2010 buck drag racing points champ.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #39
lightsOUT

Name: lightsOUT
Member`s Gallery
one thing to think of with a turbo rule for the modified class is this. the buck, mason-dixon and most of the other organizations in eastern pa are a bushed 2.8 class. if you make it protrustion 2.6 that will eliminate many of the trucks that would be local to pulling your series. ofcourse they could always own more than one charger.

now if you want to make the push toward 2.6 that would be fine but maybe make it a bushing class so that 2.8 guys can just get a new bushing made and then swap them to run with you.

just something to think about.

the dark side made me do it.........

Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #40
bigmotorsports1

Name: bigmotorsports1
Member`s Gallery
this out to be a very fun 2.6 class

Closed Thread