Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Blacks Diesel Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #61
90dodge

Name: 90dodge
Title: Always Broke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleann View Post
...What exactly do you mean by that?
From a customer standpoint, I've always felt the same about a business.

The ball rolls both ways.

To the op, do you still have the texts?

I own too much crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Can I get my screen name changed to NickatFirepunk?

I don't work there or anything, but it won't cause any confusion.

Last edited by 90dodge; 10-23-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #62
maxwedgehead

Name: maxwedgehead
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I purchased a motor from Ashley for a customer and just installed it the other day and it sounds and runs perfect, everytime I've talked to him on the phone he always seems like a nice guy
2009 CCSB 6.7L

Old 10-23-2015, 11:24 AM   #63
1stgensleeper

Name: 1stgensleeper
Member`s Gallery
How does Ashley know about details in this thread when he hasn't logged in in over a week?

Old 10-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #64
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgensleeper View Post
How does Ashley know about details in this thread when he hasn't logged in in over a week?
That's easy to do. Anyone can see this discussion, it's not in a members only area.

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #65
rjustman

Name: rjustman
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dodge View Post
From a customer standpoint, I've always felt the same about a business.

The ball rolls both ways.

To the op, do you still have the texts?
What texts?

Old 10-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #66
90dodge

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjustman View Post
What texts?
You said he was denying work on texts, and you had started communication with paper trails?

I own too much crap.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #67
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
I dunno how im being an ass?? I had a deal with Ashley on a motor for a trade on a fully dressed 6.7 with a 12v crank,and 12v Brazil rods.he reached out to me when I decided to part the 6.7 out to try to get money to put a 12v in instead of a commo, rail to save myself money on my fummins swap..WHILE we were negotiating prices for the 6.u7 he kept go in lower and lower and lower on price because he didn't know if the cp3 was good,or the injectors were good.or whatever.ASHLEY brought up the idea of building me a 12v in TRADE for the 6.7 and 12v crank and rods..WHILE he was building the motor he said he had this crank on the shelf,asked if I wanted it for x amount of dollars.I said hell yeah why not..the deal also consisted of me getting a set of 5x12 injectors and 5x14 injectors..which after I ran my truck a while and started trouble shooting found out I had a set of 5x12 and 5x10 (stock215) injectors..he sent me a set of 5x14s and made that right..I also paid extra for a set of arp studs (which showed up just fine)..after motor showed up I asked what all was done.he gave me a list I asked for a build sheet,he said hed have to get one..I asked for months and months..before I got one..the flycuts and this and that I was TOLD I had in a conversation..I DIDNT KNOW WHY..
Not until after I started questioning this,is pointing out that did he mention ANYTHING about the 6.7 crank getting ruined from a bad bearing..and when he did mention it YES I SAID I WOULD GET HIM A NEW CRANK.I told him it would take me a while to be able to afford it because they're not,cheap but I would definitely try .but after finding my pump was ****,injectors were bad,springs not all there,factory locks and retainers,and stock cam..I don't care if he rides that crank like sea biscuit gear side first..

Like I said I have no reason to lie about this..none..I've spent thousands of dollars on building myself a new motor with PARTS I KNOW I HAVE..my truck hes been down a year now because like I stated before I can't spend every minute and every dollar on my truck..I have a family and a job...this is what happen to me..if y'all have good experiences with ashley..great..mine wasn't so great though..

Old 10-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #68
newsmoke

Name: newsmoke
Member`s Gallery
Kinda sounds like someone had a spare motor kicking around and traded it to the op, no one who knows anything about these motors would build you 5.9 with fly cuts and a big cam for those modest goals

2014 F350 powerstroke
2014 Cruze diesel

Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #69
90dodge

Member`s Gallery
I don't think you are being an ass.

From previous occurences like this I see it best to get every piece of information out first. Unless the other person makes an attempt to make it right. Which so far, has not been done yet.

I own too much crap.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #70
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
I will have to find my old phone and see if I can power it up I've had a different phone or two since this all started..

Old 10-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #71
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Sorry for the delay. I was just made aware of this. I really dont have time to elaborate at the moment as we are extremely busy. I will go through as brief as possible.

We did decide to trade as he said. He sent me a 6.7 that was supposed to low miles and ready to run. It had spun bearings and the crank was trashed and the cylinders were rusted. Needless to say the fuel system got used as cores because I was afraid to try them in anything. He got just what the paper said(aside from the 600 finish, not sure why they put that on there). A fresh 12v with all the specs listed. The camshaft was one of the very first cams that was available for purchase. It is of course a regrind. It was purchased 15 years or so ago. It was laying on the shelf, so i offered it to him in the trade. I never checked the specs. So I honestly cant say for sure what they are. I do know it had a bolt on gear retainer. On the injectors, they were done by a place called extrude hone. Many years ago as well. They were sold to me as the sizes I sold them as. Again, I didnt have them tested. So thats why I sent him a free set when he told me one set was wrong. On the springs, we did them as usual and added 60# springs. We used to do just the exhaust side, but now I always do them on intake and exhaust. I see in the pic it only has them on the exhaust side. I didnt assemble this one myself, so Im not sure why it has them on exhaust only. This is one reason our turnaround time takes a little longer now days. Because I put my hands on every build and inspect them before they go out. Some customer get a little impatient, but this is the only way for me to control quality. I have tried to do the right thing with this customer, but over time and with some of the demands, this deal just got rediculous. And just an FYI, I offered to have the engine sent back after they damaged a piston on the dyno or whatever and see if I could help repair and save money. Even though that was out of my hands.

If I need to send a cam and set of valve springs to make it right then so be it. Lets do it and move on. I didnt intentionally send anything out that wasnt what it was supposed to be. If the cam is a stock grind with a bolt on retainer, then I got screwed as well as you did. Because I purchased it as a performance street cam. On the injectors, Ive already sent you a free set of the correct size. Whatever I sent you the first time is what I was told when I purchased them. The springs, thats my fault. I should have noticed. Cut pistons, I really dont even remember that part. Maybe I had some on the shelf and I mentioned them to you, but decided they werent necessary? IIRC, some of these upgrades were just offered for free as I had them on the shelf and wanted to pass them along to someone who could use them.

The longer this kind of thread goes on, the more foolish crap that will be said. Its inevitable. You will look like a fool at some point. As well as me and most everyone else that wants to pick a side and jump on.

Crate Engines, Transmissions, Turbos, Tuning, Fueling, Exhaust, Etc
Direct Dealer for Borg Warner Turbos

Old 10-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #72
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Ok so with what you just said.."you didn't assemble the motor yourself" is it possible that things,were left out..
I gave you credit for the injectors..you did make that right..but the springs and cam....those were not right.the cam was an extra charge also it wasn't thrown in..I'll look through bank statements and PayPal to figure that out..350 rings a bell..

I was discussing this last night with a fellow member and the thought came up that maybe this,motor was one of a,few that was built and it was shipped to wrong person?? I don't know..I do know that what I was told I had and what I received were not the same..I'm sorry but they weren't..

Old 10-23-2015, 02:11 PM   #73
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Member`s Gallery
On the cam, just an FYI to both of you but there are stock cummins cams with bolt on retainers. Came in many industrial apps. I have a few on my shelf. Years ago people claimed they were an upgrade for the automotive apps. That wasn't the case.

Just to help clarify what might have been going on there.

North American Turbo

Old 10-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #74
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Makes sense because the back of this particular cam is stamped J FANK USA.looking that up and the other cummins number stamped in it,it came up with a marine style cam on Google.. How accurate that is or not I don't know

Old 10-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #75
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Member`s Gallery
Im almost positive I could dig the receipt up for the cam where I purchased it and what it was sold to me as. But to be honest, the time it would take and the respect I have for the place I purchased it from, it would be better for me to just send you a new cam. If thats what you think is fair, then lets get it done. Im not worried so much about the cost, but I want you to understand that I have not sold you anything knowing that it was incorrect. I do not do that. I do not plan on being in this business for a short period of time.

Crate Engines, Transmissions, Turbos, Tuning, Fueling, Exhaust, Etc
Direct Dealer for Borg Warner Turbos

Old 10-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #76
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Ashley if that's honestly how you feel call me..and we can work it out..if and when we come to whatever agreement I'll post up and clear you entirely..

Old 10-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #77
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Well this turned out civil. Happy for both.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #78
90dodge

Member`s Gallery
I agree. I hope you guys get an agreement worked out peacefully.

I own too much crap.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #79
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
IWANNA SEE BLOOD!!!!!!!!

LMAO j/k

Old 10-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #80
jlibert

Name: jlibert
Member`s Gallery
All you can ask from a guy is that he's willing to make it right. It sounds like Ashley is going to do that. I'm glad for both parties that it looks like this will work out.

Closed Thread