Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
cumminsconvoy

Name: cumminsconvoy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabsledpuller View Post
get cut tires in it,an open up the turbo rule,
Lol you would think so but I think rwyb has the most rules

Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #22
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5.9 View Post
that was just to equal out the class
Yeah and no duals turn away alot of good diesel trucks ask scott blair or jermy denson to name a few

Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
bulldog5.9

Name: bulldog5.9
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
whats the big deal to take the duals off? u did just fine this year pulling

Old 10-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #24
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
whats the big deal to take the duals off? u did just fine this year pulling
I like to run duals its more foot print and its more power to the ground and its a pain to change my tires each week because everywhere else allow duals and why do ps get duals

Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
I haven't been around very long, but it seems to me like the guys who started RWYB were the gasser guys....so they deserve some respect.

The class has always been a balancing act. How else can you put big cube NA gassers against forced induction diesels? Oh yeah and you want a weight advantage? Oh yeah and you want duals?

Come on guys, get real.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #26
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
I haven't been around very long, but it seems to me like the guys who started RWYB were the gasser guys....so they deserve some respect.

The class has always been a balancing act. How else can you put big cube NA gassers against forced induction diesels? Oh yeah and you want a weight advantage? Oh yeah and you want duals?

Come on guys, get real.
That's what I'm saying I don't want to run with the gas trucks that's why I would like to see ss rules and I don't want to mess up the pro stock class I know rick can't make a class for everyone but I think they need 3 diesel classes a 2.6, 3.0 andSS

Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #27
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Oh, I get where you're coming from Wayne....sorry I took it the wrong way. Carry on!

Seeya Thursday?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #28
rickFPP

Name: rickFPP
Title: Promoter USA-EAST
Member`s Gallery
OK. now the promoter's view. our clients (fairs) want a 'variety' show. some trucks - some tractors - some semis. they are not going to seriously look at an NADM style pull with four classes of diesel trucks. so we must be very careful as to how many truck classes we offer or else each class will only get six or seven hooks in the season.

IF we offer 2.6 and 3.0 and SStreet and RWYB, the clients will choose ONE of those and they will definitely go with the 'less expensive' class. guess what happens to the Super Street!!

for 2010 I see three classes for Diesels -2.6; ProStreet and RWYB. i see three classes for Gassers -Stock; Pro Street and RWYB.

RWYB is a very easy class to sell because it brings the very best of two different classes together for one purse structure. Fair like it - fans like it and the classes is very very competitive. - see canfield results!!!

these are all classes that can be sold and each of the classes should end up with ten or so hooks for points with USA-EAST.

now i have talked to Gene at NADM and we are certainly able to schedule an NADM Super Street class IF there is a demand for the class.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #29
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
I vote for 3 diesel classes
Superstreet(NADM)
and RWYB

Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #30
BigB82789

Name: BigB82789
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH TECH RAM View Post
I vote for 3 diesel classes
Superstreet(NADM)
and RWYB
2.6 With NADM rules. hanging weight and solid suspension. FPP has and will loose more trucks if they don't adopt these two rules...

01 Dodge

91 Dodge

Old 10-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #31
bulldog5.9

Member`s Gallery
I go to most FPP pulls and there is never a lack of trucks in any classs.Why dont u show up and u will see.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #32
JOHNBOY

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsconvoy View Post
I like to run duals its more foot print and its more power to the ground and its a pain to change my tires each week because everywhere else allow duals and why do ps get duals
This is the trouble with the RWYB class. The old gasser guard prefers to outlaw stuff instead of step up. The reason duals are not allowed is that Drew ran them in 2006 and stomped the gassers. They outlawed the Duals to try to keep the beat downs from happening. The very next year Jeremy Davis was the Class of the field. He ran 36" STSs. Instead of stepping up they just came up with the 35" x 10.5" tire rule. The attitude of the gassers is bring the class down to them.

I think it is stupid that "Run What You Brung" with its open driveline runs less tire then PSD. Totally gay if you ask me. To me "RWYB" should have cut tires with its open driveline. It is Run What You Brung Bring lots.

If PSD goes open you will not see Diesels in RWYB IMHO. The engine rules are the same. The only thing seperating RWYB from PSD is the driveline. Remove that and no diesels in RWYB because of the gasser driven rules.

To me RWYB needs to get rid of the stupid tire rules. Bring on the cuts.
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #33
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
This is the trouble with the RWYB class. The old gasser guard prefers to outlaw stuff instead of step up. The reason duals are not allowed is that Drew ran them in 2006 and stomped the gassers. They outlawed the Duals to try to keep the beat downs from happening. The very next year Jeremy Davis was the Class of the field. He ran 36" STSs. Instead of stepping up they just came up with the 35" x 10.5" tire rule. The attitude of the gassers is bring the class down to them.

I think it is stupid that "Run What You Brung" with its open driveline runs less tire then PSD. Totally gay if you ask me. To me "RWYB" should have cut tires with its open driveline. It is Run What You Brung Bring lots.

If PSD goes open you will not see Diesels in RWYB IMHO. The engine rules are the same. The only thing seperating RWYB from PSD is the driveline. Remove that and no diesels in RWYB because of the gasser driven rules.

run what ya brung and hope you brought enough.christ there are pulls in o.h. that pose the gassere with the mod diesels and it is neck and neck.my point being,sounds like the gassers need to step it up in that class.you cant tell me they wont want to run cut tires.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
JOHNBOY

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
Maybe the answer is to give the middle ground gas guys some place to go. Like a Pro Stock Gas class. Not all gasser dont want cuts. There is a huge step between Street Gas and RWYB. a 'tweener class might be an idea to think about.
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #35
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
2.6 With NADM rules. hanging weight and solid suspension. FPP has and will loose more trucks if they don't adopt these two rules...
I agree 100%
Quote:
I go to most FPP pulls and there is never a lack of trucks in any classs.Why dont u show up and u will see.
There also tons of competitve trucks that pull multiple times a week and refuse to pull with FPP due to the 2" travel and no hanging weight rules. You get rid of those and the competition will get a lot more fierce. IMO

Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #36
bulldog5.9

Member`s Gallery
well thats there choice

Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #37
cboycadi

Name: cboycadi
Title: Diesel Pro
Member`s Gallery
hey john they have already added a pro street gas for 2010.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #38
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post

at least give us duals not stupid 35"x10.5 single

Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #39
bulldog5.9

Member`s Gallery
duals or cuts

Old 10-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #40
wanabsledpuller

Name: wanabsledpuller
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I Think More Gasser Boys Want Cut Tires ,then You Think,AN THROW THAT 3.0 OUT OF THE WINDOW,YOU DONT NEED THAT,THAT CLASS YOUR NOT ALOUD TO RUN TWINS,I'M NOT REFERING TO ME,YOU HAVE A FEW PROSTOCK TRUCKS THAT HAVE THEM,AN THEY DO COME TO THE PULLS,IF YOU GO NADM SUPERSTREET,THAT WILL STILL KEEP THE SINGLE CHARGERS AN THE 3.2 TWINS
06CHEVY 2500HD DMAX,05 3500 DODGE CUMMINS 6WHEELER,09 5500 DAULLY,CUMMINS POWERED,98 FRIEGHTSHAKER,an of course 02 3500 'RUNNIN IN THE RED'..ENGINE BUILT BY WOODRUFF DIESEL,DRIVE TRAIN DONE BY BURTON CHASSIS,PUMP BY COLUMBUS DIESEL

Last edited by wanabsledpuller; 10-07-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Closed Thread